Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
i know i chopped those rubber things off the ends of the springs in the front. the front spolier is about 1/2 inch off the ground and rubs almost everything. I replace it every time it gets damaged.. its cheap anyhow. Its very low, you cant even stick a finger above the tire into the fender, its practically covered just a little. But it doesnt rub at all.:D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Pat,

what Nasty C4 did is the way to really lower your front if you want it super low. That is the same way I did mine before I went to the coilover setup.

If you don't want it that low you can just not install the wedges, that will give you about another 1/2" lower than compared to the wedges.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
zelement said:
Pat,

what Nasty C4 did is the way to really lower your front if you want it super low. That is the same way I did mine before I went to the coilover setup.

If you don't want it that low you can just not install the wedges, that will give you about another 1/2" lower than compared to the wedges.
I already did cut the rubber thingy from on top of the spring. That is how it is lowered now. Honesty I only think it dropped it less than an inch.

Maybe I'll do the wedges now also. Thoughts?

·
Registered
6 Posts
you have to do both! If you want it low. You have to cut the rubber bumps off the spring then scrape off the stock wedges and either install the MAD wedges or no wedges.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
zelement said:
you have to do both! If you want it low. You have to cut the rubber bumps off the spring then scrape off the stock wedges and either install the MAD wedges or no wedges.
I think I'll replace the wedges with the MAD urethane ones. Cuz I want LOOOOWWWWW.

Has anyone found an easy way to do this other than tearing the front brakes/suspension apart?

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
When you do the front....give yourself plenty of time....this is not a slam dunk......then realighn the front end....
tony
:)

·
Registered
38 Posts
just wanted to clarify things. i cut off the rubber pads off the very end of the springs on the bottom side. The part of the spring that rests on the lower control arm has an accordian style rubber on it. thats what i cut off. If you want lower than i believe yes the spring has to come out or some of the suspension does anyways. My suggestion is to go little at a time.

good luck. search nasty in the gallery you can see my pics of my car with my old 18s before i really lowered it. oh and my gas tank was empty when i took those.
:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts