Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys was there ever a manual adjustable slider for the seats on a C-5?

·
Registered
255 Posts
I cant ever remember seeing a manual unit on the drivers side. I have been in an '02 Z06 that had a manual adjuster on the passenger side. I dont remember how/if it had a recliner-although I dont think GM would skip on that.

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Yep the passanger side of the Z06's are manual sliders...

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
I saw them awhile back for $60 for the seat rails but I do not remember where I saw them

Eventually I'm going to convert mine to just a manual seat rail to save weight and eliminate moving electrical parts

Call these guys up perhaps they can help you further

http://www.corvetterecycling.com/category_s/132.htm

Also look into if the passenger rail can be adapted to the drivers side and let me know because I may roll with the idea as well:nuts:

Bon

·
Banned
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will check with them,I want a standard adjustment for my drivers side ,tired of dealing with all the junk I have to replace to keep it electrical,and the rocking chair effect sucks also.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Yep the passanger side of the Z06's are manual sliders...
As far as i know, all FRCs are, also. Could be wrong about "all", but mine is. Can you use the manual sliders from the passenger side and put them on the driver side, or are they different for each side? You can get away with it in some cars, might be worth checking out.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I will check with them,I want a standard adjustment for my drivers side ,tired of dealing with all the junk I have to replace to keep it electrical,and the rocking chair effect sucks also.
Search on the rocking seat issue. I found an article dealing with the repair, it is quite easy. It took me about an hour on the dr seat, 20 min on the passenger side. The parts might have cost $1.00 for the washers/spacers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts