Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
DC Crew
4,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can somebody that already has your C4 jacked up in the front check something for me?

Look at the metal skids that stick out under the front bumper. Follow them back to the VERTICAL bracket that goes up towards the hood hinges. Please tell me how they bolt to the frame? Do the bolt straght on, or is there a bracket that they bolt to, then to the frame?

I have them figured out on the bottom side....but I just can't seem to get the vertical ones right.

·
DC Crew
4,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
believe it or not, the vertical supports are the same for 84-96. The Actual skid plate or individual bars are different, and the aluminum skids that are exposed under the bumper cover are slightly different. I ended up getting one of the 1990 style skid unit that goes from the cross member forward. I also picked up the aluminum exposed (painted black) skids that go under the bumper for 91-96 to match the 91-96 bumper and reinforcement.

I can hook it all up, but I have nothing to connect the vertical supports to under the hood hinge area.

Thanks Jeff, for checking that out.

·
DC Crew
32,976 Posts
Man it is really hard to see in there due to the bumper cover. Here are some pics I took maybe one of them can help.The last pic is up from the bottom but it's real hard to see anything.

·
DC Crew
32,976 Posts
Not a very good drawing but it has two ears that are on either side and bolted to the FRONT of the under bumper. One on each side of the skid bar. All rights reserved on the artwork.:laughing:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts