Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you guys know if the after market front spoilers or splitters really divert airflow up to the radiator in any effective manner? It got record hot here in LA and the car's running a tad higher than the norm. Anyone got one installed and have seen lower temps?

·
Registered
677 Posts
I think that they would.I built my own but the principal is the same.It knocked off over 20 deg on the highway.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
550 Posts
Mine works really well but It's not for every body...

4" bailer flat rubber belt with an aluminum stiffener rib...

< 2 inches from the road

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Any of you guys know if the after market front spoilers or splitters really divert airflow up to the radiator in any effective manner? It got record hot here in LA and the car's running a tad higher than the norm. Anyone got one installed and have seen lower temps?
Check the foam seals that go between the shroud and radiator. Alot of overheating can be attributed to these deteriorated/missing.
The spoiler is necessary for cooling at speed, but at stop and go do little.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Air scoop

I made an air scoop for my 78 SA that works great at highway speeds...this was made from a Rubbermaid dust pan,using existing valance bolts...results were about 5 degree cooler temps...

Did this after extending spoiler 2" deeper...

Rich

·
Registered
517 Posts
Here's my extension made from an EPDM rubber roof membrane reinforcement pad. I did it to reduce airflow under the car, not really for cooling purposes.

John

·
Registered
959 Posts
you wouldn`t think that little factory spoiler would make a difference but it does.....I have the three cooling holes sealed on my racer (no overheating problems) but adding the little spoiler made a huge difference for top speed stability.
...redvetracr

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Here's my extension made from an EPDM rubber roof membrane reinforcement pad. I did it to reduce airflow under the car, not really for cooling purposes.

John

I've been wanting to make one of those. I'll have to ask my dad where to get the rubber membrane at. Although my stock spoiler rubs just going from the driveway to the street. The rubber will bend atleast

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
you wouldn`t think that little factory spoiler would make a difference but it does.....I have the three cooling holes sealed on my racer (no overheating problems) but adding the little spoiler made a huge difference for top speed stability.
...redvetracr
Cooling holes on the valance or or the front bumper area?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts