Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

My 06' C6 has 12000 miles on it. Every time I take a moderate to hard left turn, I hear a grinding noise coming from the front right wheel area. It honestly sounds like a tire rubbing, but I have investigated and this is not the case.

According to the dealer, they replaced the front sway bar links and bushings, and the problem is not at all better. I was thinking maybe wheel bearings based on things I have read on the internet.

Any thoughts. Trying to work with the dealer is getting pretty frustrating. :lookinup:

Thanks!

Scott
Houston, TX

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ditto on Front End grinding noise

BigMay60, I also have a hard to diagnose grinding noise with moderate to full right or left turns. I have a 06 A6 with F55 suspension and only 3000 miles. It seems to occur when I back out of the garage and turn around in my cul-de-sac. I do not seem to hear it after I have driven it a few miles. Frankly, I cannot tell if it is coming from the back or front or right or left. It is really hard to ear but it seems to be getting worse.

Have you had any success in finding out the cause?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not yet

I have given up with the dealer trying to find the problem. Next week, when I find time, I am going to lift it an start troubleshooting myself. Hope to find the problem soom. I will keep you informed.

Thanks for the reply.

BigMay60

·
Registered
6 Posts
More info

Does it only happen on your car before it is driven much? After I drive a few miles it goes away. By the time I would drive to a dealer, the sound will not be present. In another Corvette forum, they talked about tires being cold and skipping or sliding when slowly turning. But mine sound more like grinding or rubbing the undercarriage. But that would go away when I increase the turning radius. Instead it is lessened, but does not go away. When going straight ahead, there is no noise So I will either diagnose it as you described or wait for it to get worse. Keep in touch.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Where are you taking it? Hopefully not Davis Chevrolet. It's like trying to talk to a coke baby that forgot to take his adderol. I've heard that bill heard chevy actually has a corvette mechanic there, but I'm not for sure. Chris at Corvettes of Houston has always been good to me so you might give him a try. Other people have complained about them, but I've never had a problem.
Hope you figure out what's wrong:cheers:

·
Registered
161 Posts
I take it they have ruled out the rear axle chatter TSB? (PIP3559F or whatever letter it's up to now).

MoVette it definitely sounds like your car is a candidate for getting the rear diff fluid change done since you described the symptoms exactly...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts