Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my A arms back from the powder coater and now I'm not sure which is right or left for the uppers. Will I be able to tell just by looking at them?
Also-how do I tell which spindle is right or left or does it matter.
Thanks

·
Registered
227 Posts
I think if you measure from the center of the top ball joint to the corners of the A-arm were the cross shaft goes through there should be a small offset to the rear of the car. I'm not 100% sure. This offset would be for caster.

For the spindles if you left the steering arm attached they would be toward the rear of the car. IF they were removed If I remember correctly they will only fit one way on the spindles.

I'm not positive on this its from memory from when I put mine back together back a few years ago.

Someone here that knows will chime in soon,

Neal :thumbsup:

·
Registered
218 Posts
I think if you measure from the center of the top ball joint to the corners of the A-arm were the cross shaft goes through there should be a small offset to the rear of the car. I'm not 100% sure. This offset would be for caster.

For the spindles if you left the steering arm attached they would be toward the rear of the car. IF they were removed If I remember correctly they will only fit one way on the spindles.

I'm not positive on this its from memory from when I put mine back together back a few years ago.

Someone here that knows will chime in soon,

Neal :thumbsup:
That is it. Just to clarify the offset on the a-arms. If you look at the arm the ball joints are set back toward the rear of the car. For example look at this picture link to a right side arm from ecklers. If you notice the ball joint is offset more to the left side. http://www.ecklers.com/productmedia...+Control+Arms+Bushings+and+Shafts-_-32718-_-X

·
Registered
366 Posts
Look for a L or R stamped into the parts somewhere. IIRC most of the front spindle parts have an orientation stamp on them.

:cheers:

Rick B.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I scribed the parts left and right not thinking the powder coat would cover it up. Duh!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts