Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This kit is used and was installed on a 05 C6. Had the dealer remove and return to stock because I am not into the lambo look. They were in great working order when removed. Found some instructions online, will include. Minor modification to the fenders is required. Asking $800 OBO, +shipping

I also have the old fenders (mill yel), had dealer replce those as well. Fenders are in great shape. Asking $200 OBO (both) + shipping.

Will try to post pics tonight (newbie).

Pics of car with vert doors installed are in my photos.

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Let's see if my first attempt to post pics work.

third try...finally got the big pics to show.

· Registered
5 Posts
What is Modded on Fenders?

Also how stable are the doors when up. Seems like some wave in the breeze.

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry I was away for the holidays. The vert hinges are very stout. They may sway in heavy winds but in a light breeze they do not move at all. They stay in the up position very well due to the heavy duty gas strut and they do not go down by themselves at any point in the range of motion. The existing wiring harness is used as there is plenty of slack in the existing wire harness. all electronics work perfectly. The indexing windows still work well as the door still opens out like the stock hinges, not all the way, then the door lifts up to the vertical position.

Mods to the car.

1.Doors need to have front inside edge trimed to allow for door swing.
2.Fenders need the inside rear edge trimmed to allow for hinge to fit inside the fender.
3.Boot for wiring harness needs to be cut and needs additional material to lengthen the boot.
4.Washer fluid resivore needs to be moved aproximatly 1" alson frame to allow for hinge to mount to the car.
5. A few tabs need to be removed from inner fender for hinges to be mounted.

WCC has a PDF that has color photos and detailed install intructions. Like I said I did not install this myself as it was installed prior to purchasing the car. I had the dealer remove the hinges and they gave me all of the parts.

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The sticker on the struts says "Vertical Doors". The company also has a webpage just search for it online. There is only one hinge point and therefor not a 'scissor' type hinge. The gas strut is to support the weight of the door.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.