Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
53,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
53,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
raidmagic said:
Why are you selling the rollcage?
I originally wanted the rollbar to have something physical to mount the nitrous bottle to.

But, I am pretty sure I am not going to go the nitrous route now, and will most likely do some serious motor work if the dollars are there this winter....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,348 Posts
I would asume it stiffend the car up a bit. But I dont like the Idea of not being able to put the top in the back. Whats your Vision like threw the mirror.
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
53,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Loggins1 said:
I would asume it stiffend the car up a bit. But I dont like the Idea of not being able to put the top in the back. Whats your Vision like threw the mirror.
There is NO vision though the rear-view mirror. The only reason I didn't remove my rear-view mirror was because my radar detector is attached to it.:laughing:
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
53,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
billyhay said:
Hmmmm.......something beginning with a 4 perhaps? :D
I wish! Because we want to continue to drive cross-country in the car (we are planning a 5000 mile trip out west for next year)... I would like to do something more mild, like an LPE 383.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
Supercharger dude, same output or more than a 383 and for a lot less.(than what LPE charges anyway)
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
53,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mr Mojo said:
Supercharger dude, same output or more than a 383 and for a lot less.(than what LPE charges anyway)
Hey Frank! I looked into that.... but the compression on the LT4 is too high, and you can't run much boost without detonation. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
0 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
It will fit in an 84. :thumbsup:
I was afraid you were gonna say that(I almost wish you said no!) ....My problem is I am kinda broke right now. I am building a house (I thought building a car was expensive) & promised my wife I wouldnt waste any more $ on the Fake Sport till the house is done....If the roll bar is available in a month or so I probably will buy it...How did you get it in the car...did you have to remove the seats? :huh: I just bought a chrome harness bar from http://store.yahoo.com/azspeed/19habar.html I didnt even mount the thing yet & I see your roll bar. :( Its even the right color! I will let you know if anything changes on my end but for now I have to pass....:(
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
3,723 Posts
84 GRANDSPORT said:
I ... promised my wife I wouldnt waste any more $ on the Fake Sport till the house is done...
Doesn't exactly sound like a waste of money to me. Consequently, I think she'll let you buy it. :laughing:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
0 Posts
bkuper said:
Doesn't exactly sound like a waste of money to me. Consequently, I think she'll let you buy it. :laughing:
I know....I really like my new Chrome harness bar & it looks like I will be breaking ground in the spring.....I gotta pass....I did post a link to it on my club's website!:thumbsup:
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
32,974 Posts
84 When you buy his roll bar talk to me about the harness bar. I like the roll bar but I like to store my top. Oh yea and my cars not bad enough to warrant a roll bar.:laughing:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
0 Posts
raidmagic said:
84 When you buy his roll bar talk to me about the harness bar. I like the roll bar but I like to store my top. Oh yea and my cars not bad enough to warrant a roll bar.:laughing:
Dont hold your breath.....My house comes first & I am building in the spring!:)
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top