Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How often does anyone put this into their gas tank? I've been using Chevron Techron with every oil change which I've been performing every 3,500 mi. eventhough I use Mobil 1. A friend said it might be too much but I don't want to have the dreaded fuel gauge problem again. What do you think?
 

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
Joined
·
12,668 Posts
i use NOS brand octane at the track(or my times will suck)every 5000 miles i use a product called,BG 44K.It was recomended to me by a G.M. mechanic for my massive carbon build up at 24,000 miles.this is very strong,and only use every 6 months.i once had the gas tank problem,this cures it.This product is better than G.M. top engine cleaner,and the decarb procedure.It's like magic in a can..You must use it in a full tank,and let the gas almost run out.it will work.I do this right before my oil changes.:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
Joined
·
12,668 Posts
Originally posted by ragvette ...<br>
I just use Mobil 1. :thumbsup:

I think the Fuel Additives are a waste of money.:down:<br>
Hey ragvette,i agree,mobil 1 is great,however it doesn't clean the fuel system and combustion chambers.C5s are carbon collectors for some reason.mine was a basket case when i got it at 24,ooo miles.i new power was down.finally scanned the car,had massive carbon.G.M recommends a procedure for this.That BG 44k works even better.I have plenty of scanner results and 1/4 time slips to show my improvments.People who don't drive there cars hard and fast,don't notice the carbon build up until it's severe.
This stuff is 10 times better than Techron....:thumbsup:
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
53,226 Posts
Originally posted by hawaii-5-lo ...<br>
Hey ragvette,i agree,mobil 1 is great,however it doesn't clean the fuel system and combustion chambers.C5s are carbon collectors for some reason.mine was a basket case when i got it at 24,ooo miles.i new power was down.finally scanned the car,had massive carbon.G.M recommends a procedure for this.That BG 44k works even better.I have plenty of scanner results and 1/4 time slips to show my improvments.People who don't drive there cars hard and fast,don't notice the carbon build up until it's severe.
This stuff is 10 times better than Techron....:thumbsup:<br>
Where do you get this stuff?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,593 Posts
I'm going with hawaii-5-lo on this. BG 44k is great stuff. When I put it in my blazer. It fixed tons of problems I was having. Got ride of all my stalling. Drop my RPM's back down to 1000. And gave me better gas mil. It can be pricey but it truly is the best.
 

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
Joined
·
12,668 Posts
In the mainland,it's suppost to be at wallmart,and other place's like that,maybe even checker auto,the only place in hawaii,is at the chevron station.It was hidden in the back shop,the mechanic asked me how i heard about it.:laughing:
 

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
Joined
·
12,668 Posts
Originally posted by snipcod ...<br>
You can get it at any car dealer. Im sure checker and auto zone have it to. Around here it well run you about 17 or 18 bucks. But it is totally worth it.<br>
Aloha,i can't believe no one else has used this stuff,i'm gald you tried it and got the same result's.It was one of the few product's i ever used that actually worked as advertised...:buhbye:

oh,i tried my local G.M. dealer,i know they were lying to me,the guy said,"i never heard of that".ya,right..:laughing:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,158 Posts
Originally posted by hawaii-5-lo ...<br>
Hey ragvette,i agree,mobil 1 is great,however it doesn't clean the fuel system and combustion chambers.C5s are carbon collectors for some reason.mine was a basket case when i got it at 24,ooo miles.i new power was down.finally scanned the car,had massive carbon.G.M recommends a procedure for this.That BG 44k works even better.I have plenty of scanner results and 1/4 time slips to show my improvments.People who don't drive there cars hard and fast,don't notice the carbon build up until it's severe.
This stuff is 10 times better than Techron....:thumbsup:<br>
Todd,

Thanks I'll look into it. :partyon:
 

·
Official Forklift Driver
Joined
·
7,068 Posts
Originally posted by hawaii-5-lo ...<br>
Aloha,i can't believe no one else has used this stuff <br>
Used it?, I've never heard of it until now. :D

I'll check into that too. When PHP took my heads off they showed how the valves were not seating properly b/c of carbon build-up. The pistons were nasty too, and that was after I used Seafoam. I put a can in the tank and used a can for the intake via, brake booster vac line.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,627 Posts
Originally posted by ragvette ...<br>
I just use Mobil 1. :thumbsup:

I think the Fuel Additives are a waste of money.:down:<br>

:agree:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by hawaii-5-lo ...<br>
In the mainland,it's suppost to be at wallmart,and other place's like that,maybe even checker auto,the only place in hawaii,is at the chevron station.It was hidden in the back shop,the mechanic asked me how i heard about it.:laughing:<br>
Hawaii-5-lo: I just went to Wal-mart, Pep Boys, and Auto Zone and nobody had it. Maybe I'll call the dealer tommorrow and I'' just check in every auto parts store untill I find it.:thumbsup:
 

·
Liftin' the fronts
Joined
·
2,261 Posts
Fred Flintstone and I are still on Carbs and don't put anything in the tank. I run the car on reg gas ( I'm cheap). As far as carbon goes I just run it up in RPM once in a while , while in the lower gears. I tried high test gas once and it ran the same as reg gas. Bob :laughing:
 

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
Joined
·
12,668 Posts
Originally posted by Bob W ...<br>
Fred Flintstone and I are still on Carbs and don't put anything in the tank. I run the car on reg gas ( I'm cheap). As far as carbon goes I just run it up in RPM once in a while , while in the lower gears. I tried high test gas once and it ran the same as reg gas. Bob :laughing:<br>
Hey, Bob,
i will get an early 60s vette sometime in the next 10 years,so i will have a carb also,nothing wrong with that,;) I would eventually change to injection probably though.:laughing:
I run my car high rpm's pretty often,and drag race also.but something about the LS1 especially,is they gunk up bad.Alot of the internals are smooth too,go fiqure....:buhbye:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,409 Posts
Advance the spark a bit to get the burn started sooner.

Also try regular gas just for giggles. It might surprise you. 92 oct burns slower than 87. It's all in the burn.:cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Actually Techron is a very good injector cleaner, kind'a hate to say it since I have a injector cleaning business. It helps keeps deposits from forming, but can't help severely clogged injectors.
I believe that over use is not a good thing either as all cleaners a bit caustic.
There are lot's of easy chemical fixes for many things but most come with a price... Usually some damage to something else.

Just my 2 cents.

Gordon
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top