Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the back side of the fuel filler door (on both of the 98's) there is a black plastic support to place your gas cap while refueling. The 04 we just purchased does not have this support. The paint is clean as if one was never installed. Did Chevrolet not apply the support on the 04's???
kent

·
Registered
8 Posts
On the back side of the fuel filler door (on both of the 98's) there is a black plastic support to place your gas cap while refueling. The 04 we just purchased does not have this support. The paint is clean as if one was never installed. Did Chevrolet not apply the support on the 04's???
kent
On the '01, the gas cap is attached to a cord and there's a hook on the fuel filler door that holds it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
99 coupe, original owner, has the black plastic holder. I don't know if they continued it on the 2000. After the great Mr. Lutz came on the scene, many goodies were dropped by the wayside to save pennies. I think it is a nice thing to have on a $ 50,000 car. Anything to save a penny.

·
Registered
411 Posts
how large is everyone else's? mine is approximately 1/4 of a circle, i've always wondered if that was the proper size or if some of mine was missing, it's like a balancing act to get it up there, though it hasn't failed me yet.

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
Here's my 02.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
how large is everyone else's? mine is approximately 1/4 of a circle, i've always wondered if that was the proper size or if some of mine was missing, it's like a balancing act to get it up there, though it hasn't failed me yet.
That is what the 98's are like.

Looks like the 97-00 had the support.
01-04 just the hook to support the gas cap.
And I'm guessing that all C5s have the tether cord.

Thanks for the details everybody.
kent

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Ahem, that is sort of a personal question. :rolling:

My 04' has the clip for the fuel cap cord so I don't have any size issues. :rolling:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts