Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im swapping out the fuel filter today because it says that it may also cause the P0300 I have. Its original equipment 108K miles and its leaking a bit.
I have the manual and got the instructions, I am just wondering if these connections are going to leak like a sieve once I disconnect them and I need to work fast or do they seal up and I can take my time??
With the fuel pressure relieved I could see it being a slow leak but wanna get someones point of view who did it.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Im gonna have to say its blocked up cause I just tried to deplete the pressure of the fuel system and THERE WAS NONE. Filter wont be in til Wednesday so I have to wait.

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Did you remove the fuel cap whith the line cracked?

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you remove the fuel cap whith the line cracked?
The manual says to remove it during the pressure bleed, and yes I had it off. I dont get the filter til wednesday so the filter is still installed. dont need it leaking all over the place for four days

·
Banned
1,633 Posts
:laughing:I got a face full of fuel replacing mine last year,not sure where yours is but mine is in the frame rail and hard to get to. They say the removal tool is good to have but I worked mine off without the tool.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its in the same spot, on the left frame rail right above the exhaust joint. Thanks for the update, now I know I should work quickly and dont have time to play around unless I want a puddle.

Always learn from others mistakes ;)

·
Banned
591 Posts
get some rubber vacuum plugs before so you can quickly cap em off

I keep a bunch in one of my tool boxes
I also use em for brake lines

1 - 7 of 7 Posts