Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after sitting all winter the fuel gauge is showing 1/2 full when I know the tank is full. After putting in some Techtron its still not 100% so whats the stuff thats even stronger then the Techtron? I think its something like kg995? and where do you get it. Cant seem to find the thread that talked about it. Or it it some other issue?

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
So after sitting all winter the fuel gauge is showing 1/2 full when I know the tank is full. After putting in some Techtron its still not 100% so whats the stuff thats even stronger then the Techtron? I think its something like kg995? and where do you get it. Cant seem to find the thread that talked about it. Or it it some other issue?
Well Billy, if you're doing a search for kg995, you'll never find it! :laughing:

It's called BG-44K. Dealerships carry it. About $20 a can. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well Billy, if you're doing a search for kg995, you'll never find it! :laughing:

It's called BG-44K. Dealerships carry it. About $20 a can. :thumbsup:
Hey, I was only off a little! must have CRS.

·
Banned
1,633 Posts
Try Seafoam,after 6 tank fulls of gas with Techron additive, no help so I tried Seafoam, first tank it started working off and on, second tank it was back to normal and has been for a year.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try Seafoam,after 6 tank fulls of gas with Techron additive, no help so I tried Seafoam, first tank it started working off and on, second tank it was back to normal and has been for a year.:thumbsup:
Ok, I hope its just the contacts, I'v been told it's not an easy job or cheap to replace the sensor.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Ok, I hope its just the contacts, I'v been told it's not an easy job or cheap to replace the sensor.
The cost of the parts are not bad, it's the labor that will get ya'. If you do it yourself, it's a little tedious but I would never pay someone to do it personally.

·
Registered
135 Posts
See if you are pulling the P1432 code. If you are hit the reset button and your gauge will rise like magic. Everyone thinks Techron is the solution to the gas guage problem but that is not always the case as in the P1432 code. . In the left rear wheel well there is a ground for the gas tank. Try to remove the ground and clean the area to see if that will solve the problem.

It worked for me.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
See if you are pulling the P1432 code. If you are hit the reset button and your gauge will rise like magic. Everyone thinks Techron is the solution to the gas guage problem but that is not always the case as in the P1432 code. . In the left rear wheel well there is a ground for the gas tank. Try to remove the ground and clean the area to see if that will solve the problem.

It worked for me.
Good info Bullet. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,963 Posts

It worked for me.
:agree: That is good info. i never new about the code or the ground:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
BG44K. You can only buy it at dealers or repair shops.
Welcome to DC noob! How about introducing yourself in the meets and greets thread. Post up some pics of your ride and say hi to everyone. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
247 Posts
fuel

do not fix .... as long as big oil puts sulpher in the gas ..it is never going away .... next time you put hi sulpher gas in it will be back ... top tier works good like chevron prem. don't waste your money on a fix.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
This is funny I just had this same problem about two weeks ago after putting some sunoco in the tank, got a service engine light and service fuel system message and the fuel gauge fell to empty. The dealership said I had to bring it so I continued to drive the car and I went to Chevron about two days later and filled up and when I started the car the fuel gauge was working fine and the service engine light went out I believe the next day.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Fuel gauge

Billy,

Today I had the same problem with my fuel gauge as I'm driving along it suddenly dropped to empty and the DIC chime sounds and displays "low fuel".
I have had this happen two other times in the last five weeks but upon shutting down and restarting the gauge is fine.
I have Techron in the tank as of two days ago and I thought about a ground problem as well so I will check the ground in the left rear wheel well for a good contact.
Thanks guys for the tip I'll keep you posted on any results.

Keep 'em rollin'

Bill :buhbye:
1998, 87,000 miles, Torch Red Coupe, Black interior

·
Registered
55 Posts
My fuel gauge fluctuates by about an 1/8 thank every time I start the car... one minute i'll be just above half tank, next time i run to the store it's below a half tank, get in the car to come back and it's back up above half tank.

I'll try the Seafoam trick as well as looking for that loose ground.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
My fuel gauge fluctuates by about an 1/8 thank every time I start the car... one minute i'll be just above half tank, next time i run to the store it's below a half tank, get in the car to come back and it's back up above half tank.

I'll try the Seafoam trick as well as looking for that loose ground.
BG-44K.

Get the real fix.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
What exactly is BG-44K? A prescription strength fuel system cleaner?
That would be a very good description of it. At $20+ bucks a can, it better be. I've tried it and I know it works. My fuel gauge issues are toast.

·
Registered
247 Posts
gas

That would be a very good description of it. At $20+ bucks a can, it better be. I've tried it and I know it works. My fuel gauge issues are toast.
sorry junkman ..... but i got say it .... it works ... it would have been better if GM had did it right to start with ... this is because of there greed .....

1 - 20 of 166 Posts