Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently assembled the fuel rail on my Edelbrock Proflo EFI setup with heavier injectors after the mechanic dissassembled it for port work. So, I didn't see how everything came apart. It seemed to go back together very easy, however...

I read an article with the assembly of a LT1 EFI injectors/rail/manifold. And they had some sort of clip in the fuel rail itself. Anyone have any experience with this?

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
the clip grabs under the fuel inejector and clips on a little protruding stud on the rails, that's all. It keeps the fuel rail tight on the injector so it doesn't leak.

·
Registered
119 Posts
It doesnt have to be off an LT1 injector though. Almost all injectors (gm and ford anyway) are the same shape so you can go steal a few clips from the junkyard.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I'm going to talk to the mechanic tomorrow, but there weren't any clips at all in the box of parts I got from him and obviously should have been 8. I'm guessing that it didn't have any clips? Does this sound possible?

Also, it looked like the LT1 only had clips in the fuel rail and not the manifold, is this correct as well? I wish I had dissassembled the thing...

·
DC Crew
4,751 Posts
Just went out and checked mine for you.

My Pro-Flo is on a 454 with a air-gap manifold. It is also a 2001 model.

With that being said, there are NO clips between the injector and rail. It appears they are sandwiched in there and held in place by the rail being bolted down to the manifold.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. Yeah I checked with the guy that disassembled it today and he said there weren't any clips on it, so I should be fine, just trying to prevent fuel leaks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts