Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again all. I have 3 cracked fuel injectors (cracked plastic, right under the electrical connectors (kind of weird...) My question, what is the difference in the pounds (or "#".) I see everything from 25# to48# injectors being sold for the same engine. While my local NAPA can set me up with injectors for around $89.00 each, I can get a whole set of Accel for around $329.00. Being my injectors have nearly 190,000 miles, I think a new set is in order.

Anyone use Accel? And what # should I looking at?

Oh, my car is a 92'...

·
Registered
440 Posts
fuel injector

You probably have a multec fuel injector in your engine.They can be reconditioned,but if you have some that are cracking I believe I would change all of them.There is another option to purchasing fuel injectors,New Bosch injectors are available.More important than # per hour (at least for me) is to have the injectors flow the same rate.Most injectors are matched for + or - 4 to 6 %. That may seem ok but you could possibly have a rough running engine if all is not right. I know of a company called Linder Tech in Indianapolis that flow their injectors 2 percent in matched sets.Go to Lindertech.com and check them out.Call Doug and see what he has to say.These guys(and gals) teach all over the country in fuel system problems.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I bought a set of Accels for my 90 L98 from Mid-America. I beleive they were 24 lbs, and they work great. No hesitation, excellent throttle response. I would consider rebuilding the fuel regulator while you have the plenium off.

·
Registered
257 Posts
You did not post the year vette nor did I find it in your profile, so I will post all years.

These are the stock lb/hr rating stock. A # or two higher won't make a big difference, but watch for the engine running rich if you go too high.

85...24#
86-91...22#
92-96...24#
96 LT4...28#

The 89-91 Multec injectors can not be serviced. They have a high failure rate. If the injector housings ar cracked, you will just want to replace them. Accel had a bad rap for a long time, but they have come out with a new and improved fuel injector. I had a set of the older style and had no problems with them. I would go with Accel again. If your car doesn't have any or many modifications....stick with stock size injectors. If you go too big, you will have to purchase a adjustable fuel pressure reg and/or have the prom in the 85-93 ECMs tuned or the PCM in 94-96.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. I posted the year of my car at the end of my post (an after thought.) Sorry, I'll try to update my profile. I've only owned the 92 for a week. I also have a 79, so I've spent a lot of time on the C-3 forum. RRT, thanks, the info on the injectors is just what I was looking for..

·
Registered
257 Posts
Thank you. If you ohm your 92 injector coils, they should ohm between 12-13 ohms. I would probably go with the Accels myself. Although, there are other choices.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just ordered the Accel 24# injectors. Thanks again. This forum RAWKS!!

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ordered them from Zip. They were a little cheaper than the other places I checked. $329.00 + shipping. Hope they serve me well...

·
Registered
257 Posts
When I ordered the Accels, I ordered from Jegs. I think they were in the $260 range shipped. The should work just fine. It's much much easier to swap injectors in a LTx car than a L98. Shouldn't take long. You will need to get a disconnect tool from a autoparts store if you disconnect the fuel rail from the fuel lines.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I ordered my injectors from Mid America, and they were ACCELS. They were of course the 24 lb injectors, but I like them a lot. Great throttle response, no problems yet.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Didn't even think of looking at Jegs. You're right RRT, $279.00. Rats! I'll have to keep them in mind for future needs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts