Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knows of a source for a 1/2" fuel pickup that would fit a 79 tank. I need to run AN-8 (1/2") line from the tank to the pump, regulator, carb, etc. I know they are pain to make as the welds always crack. I've seen them for other cars that are way more obscure and figured someone has to already have one.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I was wondering if anyone knows of a source for a 1/2" fuel pickup that would fit a 79 tank. I need to run AN-8 (1/2") line from the tank to the pump, regulator, carb, etc. I know they are pain to make as the welds always crack. I've seen them for other cars that are way more obscure and figured someone has to already have one.

you could make one by using a -8 bulkhead with a push-on hose end and a piece of rubber laying in the bottom of the tank ala a fuel cell.
redvetracr

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found a weld in, bottom-feed sump with 1/2" fittings from Moroso/Competition Engineering. After the welding is finished, I will post some pictures.

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
happy hammering and cutting and make sure you know where to put it. This is on a 69 and the only place and orientation in whcih it will fit and allow you to reinstall the tank. The 78 up cars have a little more room but double check. This too is a '(modified) comp. eng. sump.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So, I pulled out the tank and there seems to be a thick plastic liner that I assume is there to seal the tank. How do you weld the sump in with the liner? Does your tank have the liner?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts