Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question for the tuner guys out there. If I apply 10 hg of vacuum to the fuel regulator with a hand vacuum pump, should it hold at 10 hg if the diapham is good? Or will it just drop off. I have an adjustable regulator on it, and when you first start the car, it is fine. I adjusted the regulator to 40 psi at idle. But, when I shut the car off, the pressure shoots up th 46 psi, and the car has a little problem starting again. It will start, but stumbles around and blows out black smoke for a minute. I can rev it up and it clears out, but that is kind of embarrassing at shows. I applied 10 hg of vacuum with my hand vacuum pump, and the pressure does drop down about 4 psi, but the vacuum bleeds off pretty fast. Is that normal, or should the vacuum hold. Could there be a hole in the diaphram that is causing the wrong readings. I had to turn my regulator up pretty far to get the pressure to move at all. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I can't answer you question, but I can say my car has 45psi fuel pressure when the ingnition key is turned on and the system has primed. Once the car is started and idling, the pressure drops to around 38psi. The car runs fine - no stumbles, smoke, or anything else.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts