Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THe fuel pressure came out of the box at 35 psi, should i leave it at that psi or should i increase it for the Nitrous???

·
Registered
914 Posts
I would ask harris about that. They base the fuel jet size on the fuel pressure. I would think they would tell you to increase the pressure......Better to be a little rich than a little lean:thumbsup:

·
Registered
441 Posts
THe fuel pressure came out of the box at 35 psi, should i leave it at that psi or should i increase it for the Nitrous???
Are you refering to your fuel pressure safety switch, and that it came out of the box set at 35PSI.....or your cars fuel pressure?......your cars fuel pressure should be aproximately 43.5 PSI at idle(give or take) and a few LBS higher with the vacuum line pulled from the regulator(which simulates full throttle conditions).........Joe

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you refering to your fuel pressure safety switch, and that it came out of the box set at 35PSI.....or your cars fuel pressure?......your cars fuel pressure should be aproximately 43.5 PSI at idle(give or take) and a few LBS higher with the vacuum line pulled from the regulator(which simulates full throttle conditions).........Joe
yeah i am talking about the fuel pressure safety switch. i tested the fuel pressure and it was 44 psi. so i am in good shape

·
Registered
441 Posts
yeah i am talking about the fuel pressure safety switch. i tested the fuel pressure and it was 44 psi. so i am in good shape
Yea, then set your FPSS at around 41-42 psi(confirmend with a fuel pressure gauge).... leaving it at 35 psi is too low ....engine detonation could easily occur with the system still operating at 36 psi(like nothings wrong)..........But actually since were on the topic......It's a real good idea to make a couple "at least" 1/8th mile (or better yet quarter mile) blasts to confirm that your cars fuel pressure isn't dropping or doing anything funny under full load conditions, since this is exactly what the car will see when your spraying it.......once you know that your fuel pressure is holding and NOT dropping more than a couple LBS.......you'll KNOW your in good shape.........also make sure to read your plugs after your first nitrous blast....just to make certain there isn't a lean condition(plugs too white)....you want them a bit darker brown(richer) if possible..............Joe:thumbsup:

·
Registered
441 Posts
Another thing about checking the fuel pressure under load.......if you don't plan on having a fuel pressure gauge hooked up ALL of the time (like mine is)....you can just take a fuel pressure gauge and a 6 ft braided line so that it can be ran thru your window(driver or pass).....and hopefully have a friend hold on to it and observe it under the full load conditions(or it can be done by yourself if you have to)........I do this before every nitrous installation...............Joe:thumbsup:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Another thing about checking the fuel pressure under load.......if you don't plan on having a fuel pressure gauge hooked up ALL of the time (like mine is)....you can just take a fuel pressure gauge and a 6 ft braided line so that it can be ran thru your window(driver or pass).....and hopefully have a friend hold on to it and observe it under the full load conditions(or it can be done by yourself if you have to)........I do this before every nitrous installation...............Joe:thumbsup:
Yeah, my buddy will not think twice about helping me ( As long as i open it up a few times :D ) So should i set the fuel pressure safety switch at 40 psi or do i have to wait and see how it runs on heavy loads conditions first?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Yeah, my buddy will not think twice about helping me ( As long as i open it up a few times :D ) So should i set the fuel pressure safety switch at 40 psi or do i have to wait and see how it runs on heavy loads conditions first?
I would first get the fuel pressure observed under load with some good 1/4 mile blasts, before you make any final settings to the FPSS......let me know what it shows:thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts