Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to start my car today, 88, and could'nt hear the fuel pump run when I turned on the key. Tried to start and got nothing. Shut it off and turned it on again, still nothing.

Should I suspect the relay, and what is the location, is it one of the two behind the battery??

Any help would be appreciated.

Bob

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
War Machine said:
The fuel pump relay on my '87 is located between the brake booster and wiper motor. Those behind the battery are the MAF power and burn-off relays.

Found it thanks. Have'nt been able to find the problem, and now the car started. WTF I hate that, it would be a lot easier if something was just broken. :whip:

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
If it started now without fixing anything, I would say it is a VATS problem only if it also did not crank when it would not start.

I would suggest replacing the relay and be prepared to replace the fuel pump

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
-=Jeff=- said:
If it started now without fixing anything, I would say it is a VATS problem only if it also did not crank when it would not start.

I would suggest replacing the relay and be prepared to replace the fuel pump
No, not VATS. It turned over but would'nt start. Its something in the fuel pump circuit, because I can always hear the pump running when I turn on the key, and this time I could'nt. :(

Probably right about the relay and pump tho, would like to know for sure before I change them out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts