Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had some fuel work done because a shop left my gas cap off and let water get in so they flushed the whole tank and ever sence then it take like 10-20 sec to start the car and when it starts it a ruff idle and some times stalls if i dont give it gass then it smoths out...

And now today i was driving and it said i had two bars left on the meter and range was 40 miles but i ran out of gas so i put 6 gallons in cause i didnt like the gas station i was at so i just put a little in and the gage read just over a half of tank then on my way back from work I put another 14 gallons in.

My real problem is i dont want to take it back to them cause after that shop my car ran for three days and i spunn a bearing and i just rebuilt the motor with all new inturnals, a small cam, and some head work. but all the work i had done by the first shop i looked at and they did a horrible job and i dont want to take it back to them to have them look at it...

Sorry so long thats just the shortened version of it anything will help

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
441 Posts
...I've seen water get in gas tanks plenty of times that permanently messed up "both" the fuel gauge sending unit's, and fuel pumps, so this is a pretty strong possibility.......Have you replaced the fuel filter yet?..........also, I would create a signature consisting of some of the mods that describe your car....and things like your cars year, and transmission type.....this kind of info can help people a great deal when giving advice.............Joe:thumbsup:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
...I've seen water get in gas tanks plenty of times that permanently messed up "both" the fuel gauge sending unit's, and fuel pumps, so this is a pretty strong possibility.......Have you replaced the fuel filter yet?..........also, I would create a signature consisting of some of the mods that describe your car....and things like your cars year, and transmission type.....this kind of info can help people a great deal when giving advice.............Joe:thumbsup:
I just replaced the fuel filter two days ago it didnt help any but I'll try both the Fuel gage and the Fuel pump.

How difficult is it to replace them?

Mike

·
Registered
441 Posts
I just replaced the fuel filter two days ago it didnt help any but I'll try both the Fuel gage and the Fuel pump.

How difficult is it to replace them?

Mike
It's not really a bad job at all to replace them.......from the top of the tank, everything comes out all in one chunk.....when you get a new pump you'll see on the directions how everything fits in there.... I would also go down to your local autoparts store and pick up the corosponding haynes or chilton's book for your "year" car(what ever that might be:D ) .....Also, instead of a direct factory replacement pump and sender, consider a racetronix kit......it's a much much better unit.....and since you have some engine work done, It couldn't hurt to have a good pump in there feeding that thing http://www.racetronix.com/RX-C44-FPKG-2.html Thunder racing is also another good place to get one from(both service and price wise) ......http://www.thunderracing.com/ Joe:thumbsup:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What about a fuel regulator valve some one told me that coud be it and said it was a little difficult

1 - 5 of 5 Posts