Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All , Ok I checked the Fuel pump Pressure today and got a 40psi reading. Is this normal for a 94 LT-1 Vette ? I still cant seem to locate the code 42 problem , New MSD Opti , New ICM , New IAC , New Coil , New Plugs & Wires , PCM was tested and passed , New TPS , Also New Pigtails for all the above parts. when I start the car it runs rough and stalls then restarts and continues to run rough but after driving for a few minutes it smooths out and then runs perfect . :WTF

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
40 while running is good. Could be a bit higher but won't cause your problem.

Code 42 is set when you disconnect the spark advance to set the base timing. Try disconnecting the battery and let it set for 3 minutes to reset the system. drive it for a few minutes then check if you have a code 42 again.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
40 while running is good. Could be a bit higher but won't cause your problem.

Code 42 is set when you disconnect the spark advance to set the base timing. Try disconnecting the battery and let it set for 3 minutes to reset the system. drive it for a few minutes then check if you have a code 42 again.
Yes I tried that and it throws the code 42 right when I start the Car. Ive been trying to figure this out for a few months now and I just dont know what im missing ??

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I tried that and it throws the code 42 right when I start the Car. Ive been trying to figure this out for a few months now and I just dont know what im missing ??
Also I have the Optispark and theirs no way to set the timing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts