Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
DC Crew
32,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is this part and what causes gas to come out of it? I was coming home from the store today and did a big burnout from a stop sign right after that the car laid down and wanted to die if I gave it any gas. The gas smell was HUGE so I basically idled home, about a mile, and opened the hood to find the line with the arrow pointing to it off of the black thing and gas everywhere. Now what would cause that to happen? Should gas come out of that if the line is off? Is that the regulator and is it bad now that that happened? Any other problems that might stem from this? Thanks]

·
Registered
1987 Z51 Coupe and 2015 Z06/Z07 Coupe
746 Posts
Fuel Pressure Regulator, and a torn bladder inside of it will cause fuel to leak out and possible into your intake manifold. When the bladder tears your car will be dumping a huge amount of fuel into the car because the regulator can't hold back the pressure.

A few years ago it was impossible to get a new bladder without buying a whole regulator, maybe somone knows a source now.

·
Super Moderator
8,548 Posts
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=MAA-4315&N=700+115&autoview=sku

http://static.summitracing.com/global/images/instructions/maa-4315.pdf

youll NEED to replace the regulator or repair it, this conversion kit will allow you to adjust the pressure and that what you really want to do, vs replace it with stock parts:thumbsup:

BTW, ID add one of these to the TPI fuel rail it makes diagnosing and tunning faster

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=ACC-74745&N=700+115&autoview=sku

·
DC Crew
32,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I already have the fuel pressure gauge because of the supercharger Grumpy. Thanks guys. I tried to put it in the garage before reading this and it spewed again. Lesson learned.:laughing:
I guess I'll just buy my stealth ram now, no sense in buying a FPR I'm not gonna use on my new intake, right?:D

·
Registered
176 Posts
i think you need the fuel pressure regulater no matter which intake you run. your diaphram is torn and that rubber line the arrow points to is manifold vacuum, fuel will get sucked directly into the intake. replace that black cup thingie with a TPI adjustable F P R, as long as you are in there. its a quality peice and comes with the special tool to take those screws off. i got one off ebay for around $40, it does not come with the rubber diaphram.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
7,092 Posts
I'm no mechanic by any means so correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't Raid change his oil in case some fuel got into the crank case?:huh:

My '99 GMC Z71 had a FPR go bad under warranty and it was replaced by the dealership. They also informed me that they would change the oil in case any fuel got into the crank case. Thus my reasoning.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'm no mechanic by any means so correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't Raid change his oil in case some fuel got into the crank case?:huh:

My '99 GMC Z71 had a FPR go bad under warranty and it was replaced by the dealership. They also informed me that they would change the oil in case any fuel got into the crank case. Thus my reasoning.
good point nobody mentioned, definatly change the oil, its cheap insurance.

·
DC Crew
32,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Damn I just changed it when I put the blower on... I have at least 5 more years on that oil.:laughing:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts