Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any problems with the fuel pump between the 2 fuel tanks clogging or not working? The guy my pops bought the 98 vette from said that sometimes this happens and the fuel gauge gets stuck. I'm not sure if this problem has ben fixed in the newer vettes or not.

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,667 Posts
mine did it once,its cmmon for these units to have all sorts of problems.probably caused by sulfer and other junk they put in todays fuels.it kinda varnishes things.theres a product called BG 44k.i run a can of that threw my gas every 6 months,never had another fuel unit problem for over a year now.it also cleans the carbon out of your motor,another LS1/fuel problem that leads to pinging problems.theres a g.m. tech on another forum talked about this,and it solved all my problems.:D
Todd.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
36,410 Posts
Hey Todd, Do you know the manufacturer on the BK44K stuff. I can't find any info on it. I'm always looking for good ideas on preventative maintenance. Thanks

·
Registered
12,667 Posts
B.G.is the manufacturer,i cant remember if its BG industries,some say its at wallmart,checkers,napa,etc...of coarse in hawaii none of these places had it.i was getting gas at chevron looking at the wall and i'll be damn if it wasnt sittin right there,the owner asked how i heard about this product.i told him i got the inside scoop:laughing: this is very strong and recomended once every 6 months.i fiqured i try it.wow,i did not expect it to do much,but one tank full took care of the fuel units but totally decarbonized my motor,i scan my car alot,after using this,my timing came back up to 27.5* at WOT,it was down to 16*,iwas hearing knock,when your motor knocks the computer switchs to a low octane table to prevent more detonation,well that kills power,there is a half a second difference in my 1/4 mile times.there is a G.M. top engine cleaner,but even the tech that recomended this uses it at there shop.only pour into tank,dont suck threw PCV etc...these motors can carbon up at as low as 10,000 miles.my new maintenance schedule has these as monthlys,
clean MAS wires-electric cleaner.
clean t-body.t-body cleaner only,
a/c drain threw firewall.
clean debris from a/c condensor.
damn,they have a web site for BG, and i just cant remember it.sorry.if you use the G.M. product instead,you have to go threw two tanks of gas,one can per,its not just pure techron either.hope this helps,if i remember the link i'll update this thread.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
36,410 Posts
Thanks for the info Todd.

·
Registered
12,667 Posts
good deal,
thats the stuff.magic in a can.its about 17 to 20 bucks depending were you get it.give it a shot,i've used it twice so far and next month will be the third.:partyon:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts