Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I finally got pictures of my box that I built and I love it!! so lets hear what yall think.....

I havent finished the box that goes in the middle console yet but this works for now...

I have been thinking really hard about making some more of these and building them custom fit especially for vettes!!! I made this box so that my top will fit perfectly in there.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks great. How does it sound?
I edited the last line of your post, if you want to advertise contact [email protected]:thumbsup:
oh sorry i didnt know i couldnt... but it sounds great with it up like it is in the first few pictures... enough to make you turn it down in about 5 mins of listening to it if you got it cranked up alot!! but if you want to just be completly loud and shake the walls as you drive by the houses in the neighborhood then i turn it down like the last few pics and make it face the back and with the rear glass being curved like it is... it just amplifies it. Not to mention that you have two12's in such a little space, that in itself is enough to hear it and definatly feel it!!! The 12s are MA audio D4's with 800 watt peak and 400 watt RMS and dual 4 ohm voice coils. I got them wired up parallel on a 1 ohm load with an american bass 1000 watt monoblock. Needless to say it sounds great and I love it!!!

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Looks pretty good to me! If I didn't do so much camping in the summer, I'd have my old installs like that again. No room for a tent and a sub box though...

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
bro, that's trick! I like how you angled the speakers differently. Sometimes "unbalanced" is good.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bro, that's trick! I like how you angled the speakers differently. Sometimes "unbalanced" is good.:thumbsup:
yeah I am definatly with you^^^^^ I have looked all over for something to put into this car and all I could find is a pre-made fiberglass box that looks perfect and then you build a box to surround the pre-made fiberglass mold.(I think its actually plastic so you get a better finish when it gets painted) So I though well Im going to build me one that only I will have and this is what I came up with!! It took me about 4-5 months to finish but that was all in spare time that I would have in a day and such.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts