Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any body tell me where the fusible main power link is.I looked in my haynes,and look no diagram.i belive that this is my problem,as i decribed in my other thread,help anyone:lookinup: :buhbye:

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
I'm looking in my 87 service manul, I know it's a different year but hopefully some things remained the same. :thumbsup:

I'm looking at the Power Distribution section of the electrical manual and it shows all 11 fusable links are behind or near the battery except 1 that's near the starter. There is a well detailed scematic here that shows all the fusible links for Power disribution, is there a specific component you want me to check out?

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
War Machine said:
I'm looking in my 87 service manul, I know it's a different year but hopefully some things remained the same. :thumbsup:

I'm looking at the Power Distribution section of the electrical manual and it shows all 11 fusable links are behind or near the battery except 1 that's near the starter. There is a well detailed scematic here that shows all the fusible links for Power disribution, is there a specific component you want me to check out?
thanks war,your help is apperci.>I fond that the fuse links that i was concerned about come off the selinoid of the starter,and there are 2,(make a note main feed lines to fuse box)I checked them today,and guess what,right ,they were bad .replaced in line fuse ,Houston we are A-OK. Thanks War,hoope that i can give the same some time to you ,and all DC crew sometime:partyon: :cheers: :thumbsup: :buhbye:

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
kenney said:
Can any body tell me where the fusible main power link is.I looked in my haynes,and look no diagram.i belive that this is my problem,as i decribed in my other thread,help anyone:lookinup: :buhbye:
Thanks all.I talked to a good GM>tech.He told me to check link going into selinoid.Bingo thats where to problem was.This is the maim fues link to car.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Re: Re: fusible links 1984

kenney said:
Thanks all.I talked to a good GM>tech.He told me to check link going into selinoid.Bingo thats where to problem was.This is the maim fues link to car.
Kenney, that's great news. Glad you got it worked out. :D

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
I love it when a plan comes together. :laughing: :laughing:

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
oldace84 said:
Where are they located?
thanks
tony
tony the main power links(2) are located a your selenoid.There should be 2 running along second power. feed to unit.they lookl like blisters,have to replace with new wire,and a fair amount of tape.Use solider to replace,makes for a better conection.Make sure you disconectt battery first!!!!!!!
:buhbye:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts