Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In his seminar at 9 am Saturday, Wil Cooksey re-assured us that there will be no Z06 convertible and no automatic Z06...but there WILL be a White Z06, "now lets see if you'll buy it"...and due to limited paint shop capacity, some other color will have to go. But no mention of when this will happen.

·
Registered
356 Posts
As far as i'm concerned there should be no auto, and no convertible. I dig the Z06 as it is. And I also dig the white, hardcore.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Should have F1 paddle option. Not this automatic box I have that happens to have paddles, but a real F1 paddle shifted gearbox.

I think with the F1 paddle option, many more people will be willing to buy the z06.

·
Registered
214 Posts
showcasegs4 said:
Should have F1 paddle option. Not this automatic box I have that happens to have paddles, but a real F1 paddle shifted gearbox.

I think with the F1 paddle option, many more people will be willing to buy the z06.

I hate to tell you this but the F1 paddle shift option is a European design not an American design so I think that is the reason why that none us will be ever seeing it in a CORVETTE because the F1 paddle shift option is for really lazy Europeans who don't want to use there right hand to shift or left hand:smack

Redvette8:D

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Redvette8 said:
I hate to tell you this but the F1 paddle shift option is a European design not an American design so I think that is the reason why that none us will be ever seeing it in a CORVETTE because the F1 paddle shift option is for really lazy Europeans who don't want to use there right hand to shift or left hand:smack

Redvette8:D
:laughing:

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
showcasegs4 said:

Gm is not willing to spend the bucks and would not be able to sell enough real F1's to pay for the development. If they bought it from a european mfgr. the flack they would get is something they're not prepared for at this time of tight funds. Lastly, the car is outselling supply at this time so why spend $$$.

F1 is the future but even many real formula 1 drivers say that for personal use they prefer a stick. Today's most advanced F1 trans is just a faster shift at the track where teams and sponsers are in the business of making money by winning and publicity.

·
Registered
115 Posts
If Corvette Z06 gonna have F1 Paddle shifters...Let it have something special like Porsche's Double Clutch Gearbox system...As what they say it shifts much faster than a manual gearbox in both down and up shifts(or should I just say the fastest tranny ever) it's smooth as Toyota Camry's transmission and the best think about it is it doesn't lose power or skip in low rpm gear changes...What else can u ask for:smack

·
Registered
635 Posts
Why change a good thing...Bells and whistles are always pretty cool. But the Z06 is a simple none clutterd euro munching thing of beauty.:nuts:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts