Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local autozone is running a special for 5qt Mobil1 Oil Synthetics and 1 Mobil1 Oil filter for 29.99. Naturally I bought some and an additional quart. Just to let you guys know so you can check out your local area.

·
Registered
298 Posts
THANKS for the heads up. WalMart has the 5qt syn.for around $20.00 from time to time. I bought 2 last time. I bought the K&N on eBay got a good price on them also.:cheers:

·
Registered
347 Posts
That's good deal, usually it always costs near 40 dollars.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THANKS for the heads up. WalMart has the 5qt syn.for around $20.00 from time to time. I bought 2 last time. I bought the K&N on eBay got a good price on them also.:cheers:
I usually go to walmart but 8 months ago walmart no longer carry the oil I use, which is Mobil1 0W-40.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Local chevy dealer(Jerry Barker) charges a 10 labor fee to change oil. I buy the Mobil One and the filter at Wally World! Pretty cheap labor cost. The mechanics are very nice and helpful also:cheers:

·
Registered
115 Posts
i usually do all my work but there is a dealer near me that charges 49.95 to change the oil in my C5Z (7 qts) with a AC filter i figure id have that in the parts and why get dirty? i do the C5Z every spring i avg about 4k miles a year, my 05 C6 still only has 291 miles so ive never changed it. I might do it in a year or two.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i usually do all my work but there is a dealer near me that charges 49.95 to change the oil in my C5Z (7 qts) with a AC filter i figure id have that in the parts and why get dirty? i do the C5Z every spring i avg about 4k miles a year, my 05 C6 still only has 291 miles so ive never changed it. I might do it in a year or two.
GM recommends to change the oil at least once a year, and I do agree because you will eventually will have sludge build up and plus oil break down after getting expose engine operating temp.

·
Registered
901 Posts
GM recommends to change the oil at least once a year, and I do agree because you will eventually will have sludge build up and plus oil break down after getting expose engine operating temp.
I think GM is thinking about cars driven almost daily but very short trips, accumulating very few miles in a lot of drive cycles. If a Corvette is parked for long periods of time and has few drive cycles, the Mobil1 should be good for several years.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Thanks for the heads up....i'll have to check it out:thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts