Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 05 A4 Z51. At this point I just have a K&N intake.

I am looking to port the TB and intake along with a tune.

I am not looking to race just get the car to perform as it should have. Does this seem like a good next step?

What kind of gains have people seen from this?

·
Registered
340 Posts
I gained 15/rwhp and 15/rwtq from the ported intake by Jeremy Formato.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Damn those are great results! do you have a dyno? also, I've heard, read, there porting the throttle body as well, any experience w/that?
I can let you know Thursday. I am getting the ported TB and intake as well as a dyno tune from Jeremy Wednesday.

The more I read the more I am looking forward to it.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I can let you know Thursday. I am getting the ported TB and intake as well as a dyno tune from Jeremy Wednesday.

The more I read the more I am looking forward to it.
Excellent! I have the same model as you minus the Z51, but now sporting 3.90 gears:D Do you have any other mods presently or bone stock? I dynoed at 348rwhp 360rwto stock, interesting to see how we compare both beinng A4 auto 2005 etc...

Be sure and get that pre-mod dyno! I know it seems it would go w/out saying but you'd be surprised how many times tuners have pulled this on me before not wanting to strap her down twice. Good luck! eagerly awaiting your results, also try and dyno between mods ie.. 1 stock dyno --2 ported intake re-dyno--3 ported throttle body last dyno-- you really need to do this to see what? where? the power is doing between mods, the throttle body goes on/off in a snap, even the intake can be swapped out by a proficiant mechanic in 20 min.

I'm more interested in the gains w/throttle body (Ported intake has been proven many times, though I haven't seen as high as 15rwhp that the OP quoted but deff seen a plethora of 7-10rwhp gains w/ported intakes), cost is decent enough to look into the reality of gains if any w/this mod? from what I've read on this, it mainly improves response not HP, but others swear to the contrary, you are in great position to settle this quandry.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
388 Posts
My peak gains with my ported intake weren't so great.....+4rwhp and +6rwtq SAE. However, from 3500-5500rpm or so, I averaged +10-12rwhp/tq. So some okay gains in the middle. Of course I bought my intake off the net for $150 and sold my stock intake for $100 so for that amount, I'll take it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Here are the results:

I started stock with just a K&N Aircharger. I dynoed 331rwhp. 342rwtq.

Jeremy did a rough tune and I picked up about 6-7hp.

The ported intake and TB were added and final tuning done. The end result was 351rwhp and about 362rwtq.

The big improvement was in SOTP. The car feels and acts like it should now.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Here are the results:

I started stock with just a K&N Aircharger. I dynoed 331rwhp. 342rwtq.

Jeremy did a rough tune and I picked up about 6-7hp.

The ported intake and TB were added and final tuning done. The end result was 351rwhp and about 362rwtq.

The big improvement was in SOTP. The car feels and acts like it should now.
Wish you could've seperated the results from tune but final results pretty much tell the tale ( a good tuner can fetch 15-20 rwhp& torque on a bone stock C6) your end results show TUNE pretty much accounts for all your gains...

Porting = crap just like 3 Vette shops have told me personally when I asked about results or if they would do it.:thud:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Wish you could've seperated the results from tune but final results pretty much tell the tale ( a good tuner can fetch 15-20 rwhp& torque on a bone stock C6) your end results show TUNE pretty much accounts for all your gains...

Porting = crap just like 3 Vette shops have told me personally when I asked about results or if they would do it.:thud:
it is common knowledge on CF where you got banned, that porting the ls2 intake & tb is good for around 10hp. never see any tune good for 15+hp without the dyno operator heat soak the before tune dyno. :laughing:

·
Registered
388 Posts
I too was a bit dissapointed with my ported intake numbers. The guy who sold it to me said he gain +15rwhp/tq with it at the peak. Like posted above, not me. Granted my tuner worked the tune after install and the initial dyno run but it didn't change my gains. I had the same gains, the tune seemingly smoothed out the air-fuel ratio and maybe a few rough edges but the peak gains and mid gains remained the same...4-6rwhp/tq at the peak......10-12rwhp/rwtq in the mid-range. I could feel not SOTP nor were there gains at the track, only on the dyno. Luckily I paid a small amount for the intake and the tune (it was a retune so the charge was small). I think a FAST might be in my future, along with a cam.....maybe next year.

·
Registered
477 Posts
it is common knowledge on CF where you got banned, that porting the ls2 intake & tb is good for around 10hp. never see any tune good for 15+hp without the dyno operator heat soak the before tune dyno. :laughing:
Well mr. Know-it-all... How do you acct for my full tune gains? of nearly 15rwhp this is added to post install of wider-heavier 19x12 Z06 wheels & 3.90 gears? they both ROB hp, but tuner still managed to get these gains on my C6 in 90 deg+ heat???? you know :rolling: !:smack :crazy: :rolleyes: :buhbye: :nuts: :D :devil:

·
Registered
477 Posts
it is common knowledge that porting the ls2 intake & tb is good for around 10hp.
I've seen other dynos where they make 10hp also, but NOW heavily, highly doubt those gains...(which didn't happen per these results from deepblue C6) is 10rwhp worth $4-500 bucks after install?? I think NOT!
:smack

1 - 13 of 13 Posts