Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the C5 BB in Bowling Green a few weeks ago I saw a C5 visor with an aftermarket programmable remote door opener in it. Anybody have any idea what brand remote. It was small, about 1 x 2 or 1 x 3 and oval. I heard somewhere that someboby had them for sale but couldn't find out who. Any body ever done this?

B

·
0 Posts
I have seen what you are talking about but I cant remember where. If I remember correctly it was way over priced too!

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought I heard that the visor and remote was like $125-$150. To steep for me. Sounded like a good DIY project if you can pick up the remote for $30-$40

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ragvette said:
This replaced the original visor with one with a remote built in?
Yes. I was a visor that they had re-done

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Torch Red 2K said:
Yes. I was a visor that they had re-done
That sounds like a pretty cool mod. I keep losing my garage door opener and having it built into the visor would be handy.

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
One of the latest Mid America catalogs has a unit that is (I think) about $110. It hooks to your bright lights...you flash your brights twice and it send a signal to a new receiver you have to wire in. You can buy extra transmitters too.
It was in new products of the issue with the Anniversary Waterfall on the cover.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rodney, Yeah, it look real similar to that one except it was flat and in the visor but htat one would work just as well. Is it an aftermarket unit or did it come with the opener? Make, price, etc, please

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's a Homelink. Do a search on eBay, people are selling them there all the time. But, you have to do a little cutting and modding of you visor to get it in.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks 2k4vette

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BTW 2k4vette, welcome to digitalcorvettes.com. Come back often, this place is a lot of fun.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Homelink will sell you the entire visor matched to your car's visor color. It's not a hard install, and no cutting of your original visor required.

A lot of the people on the 50th Registry forum are getting these because they now offer them in Shale.

I agree, a little pricey. You can find those miniature programmable openers and then velcro them to your visor. They look good and are really small.

·
Registered
15 Posts
thanks for the info

Wow, now that's a great idea!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts