Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some advice, please.

I am having a shiny new garage built with nice new concrete base. I want a floor coating to protect it that offers the following...

1. Hard wearing.
2. Non slip.
3. Able to move an Abba stand around unhindered
4. Long lasting
5. Fluid proof (petrol/oil etc.).

I have looked at rubber matting, garage floor tiles and many other solutions, but they all seem to have drawbacks from what I can see. For instance, rubber matting will likely cause problems with the Abba stand when the caster wheels sink into it and becomes stuck (the wheels are too small really)

The most promising looks to be 2 pack epoxy coating with a non slip additive. It seems to meet all of my criteria. Does anyone have any experience or opinions on this?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I need some advice, please.

I am having a shiny new garage built with nice new concrete base. I want a floor coating to protect it that offers the following...

1. Hard wearing.
2. Non slip.
3. Able to move an Abba stand around unhindered
4. Long lasting
5. Fluid proof (petrol/oil etc.).

I have looked at rubber matting, garage floor tiles and many other solutions, but they all seem to have drawbacks from what I can see. For instance, rubber matting will likely cause problems with the Abba stand when the caster wheels sink into it and becomes stuck (the wheels are too small really)
driveway coating removal
The most promising looks to be 2 pack epoxy coating with a non slip additive. It seems to meet all of my criteria. Does anyone have any experience or opinions on this?
thanks in advance for any help

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Welcome to DC. If I had the disposable income and my better half wasn’t watching my finances. I would go with Race Deck. Interlocking tiles are quick and easy to install and if some get damaged you can replace them. Not cheep though but if life has taught me anything you get what you pay for. Hope this helps if nothing else it gives you something to consider.

·
Super Moderator
1,938 Posts
I went old school, commercial vinyl floor tile. My garage is basically used as a clubroom with cars in it. Was considering Race Deck tiles or epoxy coatings, but after figuring cost for 1600 sq ft, dropped that idea quickly.

I rather enjoyed installing the tile myself and cost was less then 1/4 of the others. It's holding up quite well and easy replacement if I mess up a tile or two.

Tire Wheel Furniture Road surface Flooring
Plant Rectangle Wood Flooring Floor
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Jeans Trousers Wheel Tire Car
Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
Base Model C3 350 4Spd Convertible
25 Posts
I myself dealing in the defense industry for the last 30 years and experiencing a lot of different coating systems for various applications. I used a MIL Spec epoxy on my floor, 2 part and then added color chips along with a clear urethane topcoat adding fine sand to it to help with slip resistance, high VOC so a respirator is a must, did it about 3 years ago and haven't had any wear, hot tire lifting or lifting of the epoxy in any place, jack stands don't even leave a mark. Preparation is the key follow all directions. I did mine in Navy grey. It isn't an inexpensive product but well worth the cost. Stay away from the stuff they sell in the big box stores. Like the others said spend the money you'll be glad you did.

MIL-DTL-24441 you can buy this from Sherwin Williams

1 - 8 of 8 Posts