Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

Drive it or Garage it ?

• I dont care about mileage, I just enjoy my vette.

Votes: 89 76.7%
  • I keep my vette's mileage low, with it locked in the garage.

Votes: 27 23.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what kind of miliege do you guys have on your vettes ? do you go out and enjoy it or do you keep it locked up in the garage?

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,516 Posts
About the only place I won't drive it is Wally World or corn fields. Other than that it's "Drive it like you stole it"

·
DC Crew
4,823 Posts
They were made to be driven...if we're going somewhere where I KNOW the roads are terrible we'll take the Van (Z51 suspension) if not we're in the Vette.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I try not to drive her in the winter,

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
34K miles on my 96 red car. I put 24k of that on it since I bought it on Dec 26, 1997.

I put 6K miles on the GS in 20 months of ownership.

The C5 is her daily driver.

·
Extra Crispy
5,119 Posts
Just got the 84 back from the shop. Drove it in the snow.:( Main roads mostly clear. 84 not show quality, so I drive it whenever.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I don't take her out in bad weather. Put about 3,000 /yr (I live 2 miles from my work).:buhbye:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
I don't care about the miles but I don't drive it much. It's a toy and I don't get the chance much.:(

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Drive it as much as I can in the spring/summer/fall months. I got the old Dodge for winter duty and trips on gravel roads.

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
I don't drive it too work, but I also don't worry about the mileage. I drive it as often as I can. :)

·
Registered
351 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
I'm surprised by the results of this poll. I would have thought more people cared about mileage. Interesting.
Yes, at first I was watching every mile, but after I started modding the car I decided that it was mine forever!! So I will ENJOY.:cheers:

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
KingJoeJoe said:
what kind of miliege do you guys have on your vettes ? do you go out and injoy it or do you keep it locked up in the garage
If i wanted a hanger Queen then i would have gotten a ford,me i drive it when ever i can.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
what did you vote patrick ?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I don't worry about mileage all that much. I drive it when the weather is nice. Which here in PA hasn't been to many days this year. I guess I just get lazy. I'll spend all weekend detailing it and I don't want to take it out whent the weather is bad or after they've dumped tons of salt on the roads come winter.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts