Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Gas $2.16 in DFW (well, sort of)

I saw gasoline the lowest it's been in a while at $2.16 for reg. on the way to work this morning. Anybody got lower prices? Since some think Big Oil manipulates prices at will, I guess they have decided to give us Christmas in September. They have such big hearts! :laughing:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
I saw gasoline the lowest it's been in a while at $2.16 for reg. on the way to work this morning. Anybody got lower prices? Since some think Big Oil manipulates prices at will, I guess they have decided to give us Christmas in September. They have such big hearts! :laughing:
Doesn't take long for a thread to go bad, does it.:laughing:

Back on subject, I saw $2.45 a few days ago in the Tampa area, but now its back up between $2.49 and $2.55 or so.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts

Back on subject, I saw $2.45 a few days ago in the Tampa area, but now its back up between $2.49 and $2.55 or so.
Like Clock Work; Summer is ending so is Vacation travels. ;)

Any Vegas Odds on what Month it goes back up? :laughing:

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Around here, it was in the mid $2.30's two weeks ago and the mid $2.20's last week. I was really surprised to see it in the teens this morning.

Like Clock Work; Summer is ending so is Vacation travels. ;)

Any Vegas Odds on what Month it goes back up? :laughing:
The argument has been made by some on this forum that we are all puppets of Big Oil and "speculators" when it comes to fuel prices. I say it is a market driven thing with speculators being able to occasionally nudge the price up for a short time before the market corrects it. When it goes down, everyone thinks it's the market - just like you said. But when it goes up, it's always a conspiracy. :laughing:

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Around here, it was in the mid $2.30's two weeks ago and the mid $2.20's last week. I was really surprised to see it in the teens this morning.

The argument has been made by some on this forum that we are all puppets of Big Oil and "speculators" when it comes to fuel prices. I say it is a market driven thing with speculators being able to occasionally nudge the price up for a short time before the market corrects it. When it goes down, everyone thinks it's the market - just like you said. But when it goes up, it's always a conspiracy. :laughing:
Yep is a conspiracy. Its a c... o... n... ... spiracy

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Whats the octane rating in texas ?

I run premium

Bon:nuts:

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Whats the octane rating in texas ?

I run premium

Bon:nuts:
Reg. is 87, Mid is 89 and Premium is 93. I think the hotter the climate, the higher the premium octane. If you go north into Oklahoma, the premium is often 91. Premium runs $.30 higher than reg, so it was $2.46 this morning.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts

In the leftist emulated coastline of California... we are still paying upwards of $2.95.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Reg. is 87, Mid is 89 and Premium is 93. I think the hotter the climate, the higher the premium octane. If you go north into Oklahoma, the premium is often 91. Premium runs $.30 higher than reg, so it was $2.46 this morning.

·
Registered
587 Posts
this is what will make the new cruze a tough sell. a fully equipped one will list in the mid 20s and you can buy a full size impala for that.

·
Registered
587 Posts
In the leftist emulated coastline of California... we are still paying upwards of $2.95.
you got a lot of illegals out there to support with tax $$$ and you know companies don't pay taxes their customers pay it for them

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
If you would have listened to me back in August you would have known it was coming:

From August 21, 2010 :thumbsup:

I know you're all eagerly awaiting my latest gasoline predictions. :laughing:

As we near Labor Day fuel prices have remained relatively steady all summer. We can look for prices to fall beginning after Labor Day. I suspect they'll fall somewhere in the $.10-$.15 per gallon range. This is of course assuming there are no major supply disruptions, major storms, or Mid-East trouble. But I'm fairly confident you will see prices fall in the next month or so. You can take that to the bank. :thumbsup:
http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1784501#post1784501

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If you would have listened to me back in August you would have known it was coming:

From August 21, 2010 :thumbsup:

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1784501#post1784501
I did see that, so the reduction in prices wasn't a surprise to me. I think the amount of the drop was a little surprising since Regular was $2.50 - $2.60 just a few weeks ago. I mainly just like to listen to the silence from the conspiracy crowd when these drops happen as opposed to the squawking and screaming when it goes up $.30. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I did see that, so the reduction in prices wasn't a surprise to me. I think the amount of the drop was a little surprising since Regular was $2.50 - $2.60 just a few weeks ago. I mainly just like to listen to the silence from the conspiracy crowd when these drops happen as opposed to the squawking and screaming when it goes up $.30. :laughing:
The cycles happen every year … and the average price per/gallon increases yearly also.

This isn’t news to anyone who drives a vehicle.

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
About $2.85 for 87 here.

On a side note, all gas sold in Florida is to be at least 10% ethanol, but I found a pump right around the corner from my shop that sells 93 octane pure.

I forgot how much fun the FRC is to drive with pure 93 in it. It can rip the tires to shreds at 60 in 3rd. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The cycles happen every year … and the average price per/gallon increases yearly also.

This isn’t news to anyone who drives a vehicle.
I don't think the part in yellow is true. If you measure in constant dollars, gasoline average prices have been very flat for a long time with the exception of the big increase a couple of years ago. This has been a huge benefit to our economy. The correction to lower prices happened almost exactly at the same time the recession hit. Imagine where we would be now if gasoline had been $4 during the last two years. I don't even want to think about it. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I don't think the part in yellow is true. If you measure in constant dollars, gasoline average prices have been very flat for a long time with the exception of the big increase a couple of years ago. This has been a huge benefit to our economy. The correction to lower prices happened almost exactly at the same time the recession hit. Imagine where we would be now if gasoline had been $4 during the last two years. I don't even want to think about it. :cheers:
Obviously you don't live in the Chicago area ... :D

1 - 20 of 39 Posts