Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I was wondering if there's a way I can clean my gas tank without having to take it out from under the car. Was hoping some of you had a trick or two I could use... Looking in my tank, it appears quite clean, but I ran an old Bronco II with a dirty tank, and it was a mistake - not looking to make the same one on my Vette.

Any help or advice is appreciated! :)

*please, no haters. :(

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
if you dont want to take it out, and if you really want to you can unhook the fuel line and just keep flushing it untill nothing but fuel comes out. i would not recomend this as you say it looks clean it wont be worth it if you have a good filter. if you have that, you should be fine. maybe as another caution, put a filter before the pump to be extra safe.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
I'm not sure about all pumps, but some have trouble drawing fuel thru a filter. I do like the thought of a double (or larger) filter to keep junk out of the carb, but not sure about pulling thru the filter.

:cheers:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice guys. Looks like I'll just do it in phases...

Pull and blow out the gas lines of any sludge. Replace filters and make sure pumps are good/clean. Add some gas, run it for a few minutes (like 1 or 2). Stop, repeat.

Yes, I have time. :)

As it is, I'm going to have to check for leaks anyway, so it will all go together I guess.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts