Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
dang! that doesn't look like a stock tank either :) what gives ?

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
I can tell it's not mine :rolling:

nice tank, aluminium???

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All aluminum with sump. I can get you better picks when I take it out. But I'm sure you've seen it before.
Mike

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
The only person I remember having a car like that is Zwede.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Zwede broke his car? I never seen this end of it

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
He did have hlep. I wish I could say he went too hard into a turn at the track and backed it into the wall. But the truth is a much more dangerous scenario. A lady driving an SUV while on a cellphone.:bang

·
Registered
738 Posts
nice

·
Registered
219 Posts
Yep, got a little help in re-arranging the fiber glass. Her insurance co was pretty good. They cut a check for $8,800 in just about a week.

The adjuster mentioned something about the car maybe totaled until they checked the value. NADA has it at $40K. Check was mailed later that day. :D

Now get backt o work, Mike. You got a lot of cutting to do! :smack

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You know I can't work more than 1 maybe 2 hrs a day at my age. I let my helper take over removing the fiberglass.

·
Registered
855 Posts
yeeouch....that has to hurt. Sorry to see the damage but I think your in good hands getting her all fixed up. I have been curious as to how a vette looked with a rearend hit...mine was rearend a long long time ago square in the rear bending/crumbling each of the rear frame extension forks perfectly even crunch on each side. My frame is rust free and solid with no previous pitting etc. but I do got some issues from the accident that nobody in the past bothered to fix. I have been lucky thus far and able to work around the slightly bent frame damage not causing me too many problems yet. I bet you can't wait to get your sweet ride back on the road again.

·
Supporting Vendor
3,772 Posts
Mike,
How are you going to splice in the rear deck? Will you be able to get it from under the deck with diff in the car? post some pictures as you go along.

Zwede sorry to see this. Remonds me of my buddies 71 green vert, 454-365 some guy cut through an intersection and ripped his LR quarter off the car. The guy didn't stop but my buddy craved the guys plate in the ripped panel.

Painted the car and then sold it for $6k to buy a sportster!:crazy: BTW it was 1980 and $6k was a little high but it was an original 4 spd vert with a/c and Hdtp. I should have bought it!:thud:

Good luck getting it back - I'm sure you two will do a great job.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Gary: The entire deck will be replaced. Mike's just being a smart ass with the first cut. :laughing:

·
DC Crew
3,083 Posts
I think i dropped mine from the bottom and did no cuttings to the body !!!!!did have to take the tire rack off the straps were a bitch with a only one person doing it !! I did write about it b4

:surprised

1 - 20 of 25 Posts