Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Liftin' the fronts
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much is it where you live ? I'm paying $3.16 (CDN) per U.S. Gallon. When is it going to stop ????? Bob

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
$2.32 for 91 octane.i don't think we have been under $2.00 a gallon for almost 10 years.a gallon of milk is over $3.50.:surprised

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:

Honestly, I just put in the credit card, fill it up, and leave.
i must agree,gas milage has never been a concern for me.i like to go fast.:smokin:

·
Registered
333 Posts
$1.99 to about $2.06 in chicago land for premium :(

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
I don't pay much attention either. I figure I have to have it why make myself sick at the same time?:(

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
I don't pay much attention when buying gas for the vette, because I'm going to drive it no matter what the price.

I do look during the week tho, when I'm driving my daily driver a 130 miles a day. Right now regular gas is around $1.60, lot less than most of you guys are paying. Premium is in low $1.80's

I guess I should'nt bitch too much, its probably going to get higher. :(

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
I look all the time...I have 6 company vehicles, more than .02 difference per gallon times 6 vehicles can at the end of the month can pay for a tankfull on any 1 vehicle.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,520 Posts
Gas junped up .06 a gallon this weekend to $ 1.68 for premium. Bigger cities around here charge more but in the smaller ones it's still relatively cheap

·
Registered
88 Posts
You guy's are lucky here in Belgium we pay 4.54$ for 1 us gallon unleaded 98oct.

So you can imagine the look on my face every time I stop to refuel. ( The gas pump owner loves it when I pull up.)

Wanna makes you :nuts: the govement .

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
stingraymax said:
You guy's are lucky here in Belgium we pay 4.54$ for 1 us gallon unleaded 98oct.

So you can imagine the look on my face every time I stop to refuel. ( The gas pump owner loves it when I pull up.)

Wanna makes you :nuts: the govement .
WOW! Any idea why it is so much more expensive???

·
Registered
88 Posts
Long live our goverment.

The tax on gas out here is sky high. About 2/3 of the gas price is tax.

:(

So when you buy 30$ on gas you get 10$ worth of gas and the other 20$ go's to the goverment.

Get this:

When you buy a corvette here you pay 21% sales taxe on it.
Then when you register it for the first time you have to pay a one time fee of 5358$ of taxe's and then an Annual tax fee of 2143$.

And the you still have to get insurance....

So then you are allowed to drive the car on public roads.
After you fueled it up at 4.54$ per gallon .

Hey who said getting rich is difficult........

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
stingraymax said:
You guy's are lucky here in Belgium we pay 4.54$ for 1 us gallon unleaded 98 oct.
is that $4.54 us money or Belgium money,and wow,98 octane.we only get 92 in hawaii,and its got a bunch of "air cleaner crap" in it.i don't see what good it does to hammer the americans about air pollution when the rest of the world could pretty much care less.we all breath air from inside the same o-zone:( i bet the space shuttle wouldn't pass a smog test,but no one can do **** about it.:nuts: :whip: :nuts: :whip: obey!

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
stingraymax said:
Long live our goverment.

The tax on gas out here is sky high. About 2/3 of the gas price is tax.

So when you buy 30$ on gas you get 10$ worth of gas and the other 20$ go's to the goverment.

Get this:

When you buy a corvette here you pay 21% sales taxe on it.
Then when you register it for the first time you have to pay a one time fee of 5358$ of taxe's and then an Annual tax fee of 2143$.

And the you still have to get insurance....

So then you are allowed to drive the car on public roads.
After you fueled it up at 4.54$ per gallon .

Hey who said getting rich is difficult........
:surprised That is NUTS!!!!! :surprised

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hello,

Yes, hawaii-5-lo the price is in USD.

I know this sound nuts to you all but it is true, and this is only the part on gas and cars.
You don't want to hear the rest :(

Long live Europe ...... NOT :nuts:

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
stingraymax said:
Hello,

Yes, hawaii-5-lo the price is in USD.

I know this sound nuts to you all but it is true, and this is only the part on gas and cars.
You don't want to hear the rest :(

Long live Europe ...... NOT :nuts:
That's just crazy! Oh well, it could be $6 per gallon... :laughing:

·
Registered
14 Posts
hawaii-5-lo said:
$2.32 for 91 octane.i don't think we have been under $2.00 a gallon for almost 10 years.a gallon of milk is over $3.50.:surprised
I always assumed Hawaii had the highest prices in the U.S. (what with the shipping costs and all), but I guess not. Here in California, 91 octane premium was $2.55 at a neighborhood station in the S.F. Bay Area suburbs over the Labor Day weekend.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
$2.45 out here in Southern CA. Slays me. Someone is making ton's of money. Like the oil companys.
Screwing us, for sure.
tony

·
DC Crew
4,823 Posts
Gas is over a 1.00 a liter here also because of taxes :surprised it's that way all over Europe, not to mention the Radio/Television tax I'm glad that I get fuel coupons! :D

·
Registered
283 Posts
Summer Gas Rip Off

What you have seen recently is the normal "rip off" by gas stations. They take advantage of the driving season and flat out rob people by jacking prices up. Prices will drop a bit over the next few months.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts