Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gauges won't light up. Dimmer works and is turned up. Every thing else works and lites fine. What controls the blacklight illumination for the gauges? Is the metal enclosure in the back of the cluster the culprit? How do I test it? Thanks, Steve

If the metal box is the problem...what is it called and what is the part #? Thanks again, Steve

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,829 Posts
If all the lights are out, I think the first thing I'd try is to check the fuse. The fuse block is located in teh passenger foot well. The cover is the carpeted foot rest. It is held in place with velcro and hooks. Pull up on it and the fuse block and BCM are underneath. Remove the cover. The IP cluster fuse is #19 and is located in the center. There are 4 fuses locations in a square and one (#22) isn't used. The IP fuse should be 10A.

If the fuse is good next I'd unplug the connectors in the back of the IP and replug it in to make sure there was a good connection and ground. That would be a good starting point.

The metal box on the back of the back of the IP cluster is the UV (ultra-violet) inverter

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Checked all fuses...all working. Is there a way of checking the inverter? Is there a way of checking the bulbs? Does any one have a diagram of the wiring at the guage cluster and/or inverter? Has anyone heard of the inverters failing? Are the black light bulbs replaceable? Thanks, Steve

·
Registered
55 Posts
Try the Multistick

I changed mine today took about 2hrs jsut because I did not know how to get the shroud off the sterring column now I could doit in about 30 min, It solved my headlight and dash console issue, brout it off e-bay cost $107.00 plus shipping.

Rock :laughing:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,829 Posts
I'm sure the UV invertor can be checked but I don't know how. Yes the bulbs canbe replaced. You have to pull the IP cluster out and take the UV convertpr off just to get to the bulbs

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I changed mine today took about 2hrs jsut because I did not know how to get the shroud off the sterring column now I could doit in about 30 min, It solved my headlight and dash console issue, brout it off e-bay cost $107.00 plus shipping.

Rock :laughing:
What problems were you having? Did you change the inverter, the bulbs or the whole cluster?
Thanks
Already changed the multifunction stick...no luck

·
Registered
55 Posts
WOW Was not the stick huh !

The Multistick solved my issue you may be more in depth whish I could help if I come across anything I will let you know. Good LUCK in the meantime it sucks when your baby is sick, I feel you pain.

Rock

1 - 10 of 10 Posts