Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about putting in a APillar gauge pod does anyone have any suggestions? Also would maybe like to integrate a shift light in there somewhere..... Any ideas? I know all this may sound unnecessary but I like the look and who knows I may need a spot to put my new boost gauge in a few months.....or years:laughing: Thanks guys....

Any Pics?

·
Registered
347 Posts
not sure, i just tried google and ebay, no luck

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've found one on tbyrne motorsports in the electrical section from auto meter. they have a two and three gauge set up but just wanted to see if that was the only option and if anyone knew what was the cleanest look.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just looked on autometer.com and found a dual guage cluster which will probably be what I go with. The next thing is which gauges to get. So far I like the ultra-lite 2 and the phantom series. Any suggestions? Also which gauges would get the most use?:thud: I already have oil pressure and what water temp on the instrument panel.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Any combination of Air Fuel Ratio, Trans Temp and RPM Shift Lite. Don't forget to do DIY instruction and take tons of pics for us who don't know how and it is fun to read.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Click into the "General/Technical forum. Second page, thread "Indy Guys". Thread starter "sdowney" shows his black/black on the race track (in his car photos)and you can see he has a gauge pillar. Looks cool. Get with him :thumbsup:

·
Registered
345 Posts
Any combination of Air Fuel Ratio, Trans Temp and RPM Shift Lite. Don't forget to do DIY instruction and take tons of pics for us who don't know how and it is fun to read.
Oh I forgot...Fuel Pressure.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Thinking about putting in a APillar gauge pod does anyone have any suggestions? Also would maybe like to integrate a shift light in there somewhere..... Any ideas? I know all this may sound unnecessary but I like the look and who knows I may need a spot to put my new boost gauge in a few months.....or years:laughing: Thanks guys....

Any Pics?
Here's a pic of my double pod with two gauges, and a shift lite attached to the pod. I went with the Auto-Meter gauges, one is a digital Air/Fuel Ratio gauge, and the other is a digital performance gauge that you can run 0-60, 1/4 mile, 60-0, HP, reaction time, etc. After calibrating the gauge, it will give you your times for the above, and more. The gauge is called a D-PIC (Digital Performance Information Center) The Digital gauges work, and look better than the Analog gauges Both gauges are by Auto-Meter, and the shift lite is by Raptor. The shift light can be set for the RPM you wish it to light at, for both Manual and Auto transmissions. There are different size gauges, and openings in the pods, so use the same size in all. 2 1/16 is the size to go with. I originally tried the trans. temp. gauge, in the lower part of the pod, but it lagged way behind in giving the temps, so I changed it to the D-PIC gauge. Much more info on their websites...:thumbsup:

Here's a close-up of the shift lite, showing the area that you set the RPM that you want to trigger the lite. Works great.

Here's the D-PIC, and Air/Fuel Ratio gauges close-up.

Here's a little better pic of the pod set up.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That looks awesome. Thanks for the pics and the info. Love the shift light and the gauges. That shift light, where does it hook up to? Pretty simple instalation?

Awesome car!

·
Registered
481 Posts
That looks awesome. Thanks for the pics and the info. Love the shift light and the gauges. That shift light, where does it hook up to? Pretty simple instalation?

Awesome car!
kpclem02,

I see that you have a 2006 C6, the install instructions are slightly different for each year car. See the install instructions here: http://www.raptorperformance.com/Chevrolet/corvette.htm
A general install instruction and performance sheet, also comes with the shift light. Best to be installed professionally. Probably can get installer information from Raptor also. 704/932-5901 Good luck...:cheers:

Here's another installation on another car:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts