Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, thought I'd introduce myself after 4yrs of lurking. The names Tom Im the proud owner of a 1969 Corvette Stingray 427(base 427). The car was my fathers and as he can no longer enjoy it, he gave it to me as a 16th bday gift. Now that was 5yrs ago so im a 21yr old with a very fast car... good idea i know.
I've only recently been able to afford to get it insured, plated and on the road but it was worth the wait! although it was only on the road for 1 1/2 months before the Canadian winter kicked in(day after i stored it freezing rain came down). My friends all poked fun that their cars were faster because mine wasnt running... they are biting their tongues now. So i thought i'd throw up a couple pics and the short video keep in mind its still a work in progress.

and the video
The list of mods are in the video description.
I hope to learn as much as i can from the guru's on this site because i have a long road ahead of me.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
What a great project car! Glad you are posting. Let us follow your progress as you bring the car back to life. I'm no expert, but I'm guessing two 4 barrel carbs was not a factory option on the 427. Looks very cool. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What a great project car! Glad you are posting. Let us follow your progress as you bring the car back to life. I'm no expert, but I'm guessing two 4 barrel carbs was not a factory option on the 427. Looks very cool. :thumbsup:
No the motor is definately not stock lol. My dad had it built by a local performance engine guru Who had said that the motor puts out somewhere in the 550hp range, whether thats true or not i dont know but it certainly is faster than my ion lol.

·
Super Moderator
4,944 Posts
That's a great project! Keep us posted on the progress!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
:cheers:

·
DC Crew
9,475 Posts
Great project car. My son lives in Ottawa and we visit a couple times a year, I'll keep an eye out for your 69!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great project car. My son lives in Ottawa and we visit a couple times a year, I'll keep an eye out for your 69!
You will hear me before you see me lol. Friday night @ the tim hortons on merivale @ meadowlands is the popular hangout in the spring/summer. I'd be the multi-colour Corvette hanging out with Cobalts.

·
DC Crew
9,475 Posts
You will hear me before you see me lol. Friday night @ the tim hortons on merivale @ meadowlands is the popular hangout in the spring/summer. I'd be the multi-colour Corvette hanging out with Cobalts.
When I am in Ottawa this summer I will be watching for your car.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts