Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I just found this site while trying to research the C5 I bought last month. I have learned a lot so far, but I have a problem I was hoping someone could help me with. The light for the gear indicator beside the shifter on my 2002 doesn’t work. It is somewhat annoying at night because I have to cut the interior light on so I can see to put it in Drive. I have only had the car for a month and it wasn’t working when I bought it. I thought I would ask for suggestions. I didn’t know if it could be a grounding problem or just a bulb that has burned out. If it is the bulb I was wondering if there was a link on how to get to the bulb to change it, and where I can buy a replacement bulb. I appreciate any responses because they could save me a lot of cussing and potential breaking something.

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Sounds like a bulb but I have no idea how you get to it. maybe some one will chime in later today.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

Thanks for the replies. I finally found some info in a post about replacing interior lights with LEDs on another forum where someone included pics and instructions on how to take the plate over the bulb off. To get everything apart to that point I printed instructions on how to change the shift boot from vetteessentials.com. I can't remember where I found the suggestion to use vetteessentials.com, but the instructions from there were very helpful. Everything went quick and easy, which surprises me. Thanks again for reading.

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
I take it it was just the bulb? glad to hear you got it fixed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts