Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone setup a SATA Raid drive :huh:

I have one running on my Desktop and for some reason the SATA cables seem lose. Every once in a while when I need to reboot, when the system comes back the RAID is not found. I move around the cables and reboot. The RAID drives begin to work. :bang

Are the SATA cables always this lose. :huh:

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I never *actually* set up my SATA Raptor, whoops! But no, the cables aren't "that loose" as a rule.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The actual Cable is stiffer than the older IDE or EIDE cables and can cause the connectors to come loose. You can try newer cables but may have similar problems. Make sure the cable is not hanging loose in the case. The weight of the cable could cause the connectors to come loose. Use Tie Wraps or Velcro to secure the cable so that moving the case or closing the cover does not move the cable. If you can shake the case and see the connector pop of the drive then you have a problem. You could use a drop of Hot Glue on the back of the connector on the drive and the cable. Just a small drop on the plastic parts. You need to be able to remove it later. You could also use a peice of black electrical tape between the connector the drive but once the system heats up the tape will become gelatin and not hold any more. Some cables and drives just don't click when plugged in. A new set of cables may help but it is hit and miss. Think of the network or phone cable. Some click or snap into place and others just don't match up. Good Luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts