Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys!

I'm not a regular poster here but I check this forum almost every day!
In several treads I saw some off you guys interested (or not) in the wide-body kits for the C4.
if you have a look in my picture-album you'll find tons of geiger pics!!

GEIGER is a german company based in München owned by a mr. Geiger for ages, he's an importer of UScars and it was his son that had the vette-fever.

in 1978 he started making plans to build his own custom C3 with wide-body wich resulted in a car that won several shows.
in 1981 he died in a tragic accident.

years later his brother thought he was old and wise enough to pick up where they stopped after the fatal crash wich resulted in the kits we see today on the road.
mostly european roads that is....

Geiger is german and I think germans don't care so much about engine performance but think that looks are all what counts.
and so they've nerver really made very faster vette's then the factory ones only better looking.

nobody knows howmany vette's where rebuild by Geiger (and customers that bought the kit) but they guiss it's about 50, including some 20 ZR-1's and that includes the 2 ZR-1convertibles!!!

don't know what the prices were but now and then you can find a used Geiger-vette from anywhere between €20.000 and €50.000 (EURO that is)
to give you a comparising, these are average prices for used stock corvette's over here;
'85-'89 > €8.000 up to €14.000
'91 ZR-1 > €45.000 up to €55.000
'97 C5's > €50.000 and higher

me and my uncle just bought a ZR-1geiger in germany for €21.500, it's in pretty good shape but needs a new paintjob wich it will get probably this winter.
the complete nose will go off and replaced by one of my own design as well as some smaller exterior bits.

hope you guys are happy with this info and if there are any questions just ask!!

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Wow! Are they all pretty different? It's hard to tell. That one with the stripes on the bottom looks BAD ASS!!!!! And the blue one above it.

I'd love my GS to be wide like that!!!!!!!!! But, I have to wait until I have a spectacular crash on the highway... then insurance will buy it.:laughing:

·
Registered
990 Posts
first off .... welcome to DC ....glad you decided to hop on. Secondly, I never even heard of these vettes, but they are way cool and you can add your own go power anyway. Pics are nice ,keep them coming.:smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

·
DC Crew
1,470 Posts
Looks like a Porsche and a Vette have an offspring.

a Vorche.

T

·
0 Posts
Greetings MyVette. This is a great place to hang. And especially today. It seems every other post is something totally new to me.
:partyon:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Pretty nice pics. Thats pretty interesting, I've never heard of geiger before. Some of those body kits are pretty nice. :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Geiger is german and I think germans don't care so much about engine performance but think that looks are all what counts

Oh boy, that's dutch cheese at it's best! Long time ago I laughed that loud.
He of all people - a cheese head - tells stories about engine power.
Here in Germany, when we see a yellow numberplate (the dutch color) skulking over the Autobahn three things are mandatory: hit the brake hard, turn on full beam and honk! Otherwise your life is endangered.

BTW: Do you know what happens in Germany when you bomb the exam of your driving license?
He he.. you get a yellow number plate!

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
:laughing:

·
Super Moderator
8,536 Posts
well Id need to see the cars up close and personal, before buying a kit, but I think from the pictures they look GREAT!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hi Joe,
I have to go to Munich next week and will visit Geiger. It's better to have a talk directly than babbling at the phon. As soon as I have knowledge, I will post the result here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Urbman,

I am also interested in a Geiger wide-body kit for my Vette. I am living near Germany: in Finland. Please, inform us, if it is possible to get a wide-body kit?

·
Super Moderator
8,536 Posts
yeah, anyone ,that can get info, on those C-4 GEIGER KITS
please post kit prices,?
options,?
shipping cost to america?
any and all other details on the C-4 wide body kits

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
grumpyvette said:
yeah, anyone ,that can get info, on those C-4 GEIGER KITS
please post kit prices,?
options,?
shipping cost to america?
any and all other details on the C-4 wide body kits
I don't have that info, but there is a whole section on this car in the gallery. :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
urbman said:
Hi Joe,
I have to go to Munich next week and will visit Geiger. It's better to have a talk directly than babbling at the phon. As soon as I have knowledge, I will post the result here.
Thanks Oliver,
Looks like a few members are interested.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
anything new for C5s?thanks Oliver.:buhbye:
i will eventually either do a wide body kit,or a chop-top.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
For those in the states who want one, a dentist around here has a C4 that looks very similar except it says GROUNDEFFECTS across the windshield, its still far away but alot closer than Gewrmany

1 - 20 of 27 Posts