Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I knew someday it would happen, greed, stupidity and mismanagement always leads to the bottom. Starting 2025 you will be able to buy your Corvette SUV sedan or whatever Mary Barra and the misadventures gang dreams up, but the Corvette "Brand" is going on their own. I find it sad, but I knew it would happen some day, just didn't think it would happen this soon, but it can't be disputed, EV's and a ever changing market will be the corvettes end or start, depends on how you see it, but in Car& Driver magazine it says Corvette is going to be it's own brand with SUV's and sedans coming soon. Ford did it in 1958, and that spelled the end of the thunderbird. :confused:

· Registered
181 Posts
quit your sniveling , it worked out for Porsche, and the entire industry, even Ferrari ,has similar plans. It will just make my car more historically interesting, much like the owner.

if the market for a non status expensive specialized two seater car, with more performance than any conceivable need evaporates, nothing can stop people from not buying them.

Toyota did a marketing study and found the higher seating position appeals to the primitive sections of the brain, triggering feelings of security, power, and control.

besides , with cars becoming so generally competent , paying extra for extreme unused performance, might not be a home run, when the car in the next lane is traveling just the same as you , with perhaps more general utility , is just the way life is today.

Companies either grow or die, and not building for the market might keep the car writers who still flog for manual transmissions happy , but it won't pay the bills.

another practical consideration is functioning in heavy traffic when every other car is taller than yours, and blocks your sight lines down the road. This is a very noticeable problem when parked at someplace like a shopping mall. With an SUV on both sides, you have no choice but to back out blind. So it becomes a choice of either fight them or join them.

Besides body styles no longer matter today, in a world where Jeep is making drag cars. I had some idget in a Porsche SUV try to get me to street race him down by the marina, when I was just cruising along , top down in the old C5, minding my own business. I guess he wanted to get his $185,000's , or whatever they cost, worth. I am glad I am not insecure like that, where I feel the need to try to augment my self esteem with a mere machine .

· Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Braking corvette off into their own brand is what rattled me. Can corvette motors Survive as a stand alone brand? Seems like a very narrow market of loyal customers. The SUV and the coupe better be something special to make it Viable. Just being an EV is not going to do it.

· Registered
2012 💯 4LT Grand Sport Roadster
876 Posts
Corvette has been around for a long time, and I’m pretty sure they’ll be around a lot longer. Every time they go thru a design change almost everyone thinks the skies falling, it’s very enjoyable to watch. :ROFLMAO:

· Premium Member
1,404 Posts
I being from Kentucky am not necessarily worried about the Corvette in particular. I am concerned for the people who’s living depends upon GM’s wise Decisions or lack there of. Just think of all the pain and suffering that was the result of Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Saturn and mercury disappearing.

· DC PIT CREW BOSS
25,637 Posts
Gm was disconnected from Corvette through the C5. Then GM started putting the little square "GM" on the rocker panel

· Premium Member
1,404 Posts
All I know is everyone that I’ve met that worked at the assembly plant is very proud of the car. They can look at it and tell you what options it has on it. One gentleman looked at the vin# on mine pulled out his phone to see if it was Assembled on his shift. Don’t know if he was blowing smoke or not but was impressed none the less.

· Registered
1 Posts
Well I knew someday it would happen, greed, stupidity and mismanagement always leads to the bottom. Starting 2025 you will be able to buy your Corvette SUV sedan or whatever Mary Barra and the misadventures gang dreams up, but the Corvette "Brand" is going on their own. I find it sad, but I knew it would happen some day, just didn't think it would happen this soon, but it can't be disputed, EV's and a ever changing market will be the corvettes end or start, depends on how you see it, but in Car& Driver magazine it says Corvette is going to be it's own brand with SUV's and sedans coming soon. Ford did it in 1958, and that spelled the end of the thunderbird. :confused:
What's next pick up versions!

· DC PIT CREW BOSS
25,637 Posts
If they make a pickup they will be to move the engine to the front. What a marvelous idea

1 - 20 of 34 Posts