Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey friends,

Has anyone ordered/installed the Genuine Corvette Accessories from GM? When ordering the '07, the dealer gave us a brochure full of aftermarket parts made by GM...

seems like the pro's are that they don't mess with the warranty, they're factory installed, and if something goes wrong, I can take it to any dealership to have 'em fixed.

I was thinking specifically about the Cat Back exhaust, mesh grill, and body colored engine cover

I'm going to the dealer on April 21st to finalize the order... Any Advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Mike

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hey friends,

Has anyone ordered/installed the Genuine Corvette Accessories from GM? When ordering the '07, the dealer gave us a brochure full of aftermarket parts made by GM...

seems like the pro's are that they don't mess with the warranty, they're factory installed, and if something goes wrong, I can take it to any dealership to have 'em fixed.

I was thinking specifically about the Cat Back exhaust, mesh grill, and body colored engine cover

I'm going to the dealer on April 21st to finalize the order... Any Advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Mike
hi,
well i am firm believer of buying some GM GCA items, the main benefit is you get 12mo/12k miles on dealer installed items such as the GM performance catback, which is a bolra stinger II sport, i recommend the X-pipe as well, and the matching GCA tips.
some items such as the engine covers, you can buy the real items much cheaper online from several websites that sell GCA. PM me, and i can recommend some sites to you. Also, check the classifieds here for more cosmetic items such as body color match handles. you can have them installed at a dealers body shop, but take your time and compare prices, for a C6 i recommend the GM chrome mesh inserts, they were pricey, and there knock offs, but i liked mine. i can recommend another aftermarket vendor that uses same mesh as GM. Also consider using a local trusted body and paint shop to install the costmetic stuff.
good shopping, and free to PM me if you want more specific tips. sounds like a good plan, and i loaded about 2500 of GCA on my previous C6. My Z06 has been spared so far, but i have a lot 6 GCA/ GM accessories. all were either self-installed or dealer installed. GOOD LUCK!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I purchase the parts from a third party, will the dealership install them for me and still honor the warranty?

·
Registered
546 Posts
If I purchase the parts from a third party, will the dealership install them for me and still honor the warranty?
in my opinion that would depend on how well you know the owner cause i cant see any dealer putting on parts for your car for free and with a warranty when not ordered directly from a dealership

dealerships are usualy stingy when it comes to pro bono work. they will try to get that $90/hr any way they can....but i am not saying they will not make an exception

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good call, thats what I was worried about... and being this the first time I've gone with this dealer, i don't believe I have that great of a rapport established.

I'll probably just order the Cat-Back through the dealer and have them install it prior to delivery (46 Days!!!:D )

·
Registered
546 Posts
I'll probably just order the Cat-Back through the dealer and have them install it prior to delivery (46 Days!!!:D )
???? prior to delivery? i think i missed something ...

:huh:

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry - the Corvette was ordered a few weeks ago. I'm meeting with the dealer on April 21 to drop off payment and test drive a similar one. The car shows up on May 25th (projected date). While I'm up there on April 21, i was going to talk to the dealer about ordering the accessories

·
Registered
546 Posts
oh ok well best of luck

·
Registered
129 Posts
I Ordered Many Gm Options At The Time I Bought The Car. I Got The Selling Dealer To Agree To His Cost Plus 10%. They Added Up The Instalation Hours And I Even Got Them To Round Down The Total. Since I Didn't Buy The Vette Locally And At Least Half Of The Options Had To Be Back Ordered I Ask Them To Either Pay The Gas Bill Back To Them For Install Or Pay The Local Dealer To Install. They Chose To Pay The Local Dealer To Install. They Made All The Arangements With The Local Dealer And Everything Worked Out Fine. The Selling Dealer Was Unable To Get The Custom Mats I Wanted Do To Back Order Problems So They Refunded The Full Cost I Was Charged Plus The Instalation Cost. I Then Reordered Them From The Local Dealer And They Installed For Free. I Don't Know If I Just Lead A Charmed Life Or If I Just So Cute Or It Was Dumb Luck But I Think It Worked Great For Me. I Prefer To Think I'm Cute!!!!!!!! One Other Thing = Both Dealers Seem To Be Very Interested In The Gm Satifactory Form. Does Anyone Know How Important These Forms Are For The Dealers???

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
did you get the Cat Back exhaust by any chance?

Or does anyone out there have any opinion on the GCA Cat Back Exhaust? any power increase? Sound Quality?

·
Registered
393 Posts
For sound quality only your ears can decide. Go to a local Corvette event and ask the owners to go for a ride to hear them inside. Owners like to show off, especially the Bullet guys. I'm one I'll admit.

Joel

·
Registered
533 Posts
did you get the Cat Back exhaust by any chance?

Or does anyone out there have any opinion on the GCA Cat Back Exhaust? any power increase? Sound Quality?
Our local dealer installed the GM exhaust on an 06 and I have to tell you it looks horrible from behind. THe clamps are huge and they stand out like a sore thumb. We took it for a drive and it has a bad drone also. You couldn't give them to me. My two cents worth and my opinion only. :D

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the heads up! I'm definitely going to ask the dealer if I can see/hear one in action before i buy

·
Registered
1 Posts
Vette Accessorries

MIke,

You can save quite a bit of money on the same accessories by going to Ebay and doing a search for "877FullPower".......this will take you to Fred Bean's(an authorized GM franchise dealer) who sells this stuff at 35% to 40%off. Just a thought....you can add a good exhaust system like Borla without voiding the warranty for the same or less money if you search for it.

Denny

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks, Denny! Great advice!

This is why I love this site... people looking out for each other :thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts