Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
Banned
9,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what do you all think, will George W Bush go down in history as the worst president of all time or just the worst of modern times.
Before deciding (or being the decider of) this question, think about this. Bush lead us into a 2 front war when the original war (Afganastan) was far from won. He led us into that war trying to convince us that A. There were weaponds of mass destruction (nukes was the implication) and B. Al Qieda was involved in Iraq before we invaded Iraq. Both of these issues have been proved wrong and evidence points to a plan put out by the Bush administration to use these points to go to war even knowing that these were false points. Bush then went on to claim victory in Iraq more than 3 years ago( the war still goes on and our people continue to suffer and die).
To defend its lies, the Bush administration, in an effort to punish a detractor of the Bush policy, exposed an active CIA opperative. This is an act of treason. George Bush promised that if anybody in his administration had acted improperly he would have them prosecuted. Instead when Scooter libby was convicted by a jury of his peers, Bush comuted his sentence.
Up until recently it seemed that the only thing that Bush could point to as a success, was a strong economy. Now economists say that the policies that George Bush put in place could cause a longer and deeper recesion than we have seen in a long time. That recesion seems to be starting now.
Some of Bush's other high points...his actions durring Katrina...Questionable elections...huge increase in spending...much larger government...demanded Osama Bin Laden captured dead or alive, then let him go in torra borra...etc. etc. etc.
We all need to think about this so that we don't make the same mistake. Maybe the guy that we would like to have a beer with isn't the best way to judge the guy who is gonna be our face to the world and make decisions that affect our future. Maybe we want a smart articulate president, not a stumbling fool that prides himself on his abbility to shred the english language. Left or right, liberal or conservative, I hope that we can as a people choose someone that we can for once be proud of and that can put this country back on a footing that befits the greatest country in the world and of all time. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

·
The Punisher
7,092 Posts
:rolleyes:

·
The Punisher
7,092 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
I think he is the absolute worst President in my lifetime, certainly.

As a leader, he's lead us right into and endless array of **** storms, decision after decision, day after day.

On an intellectual note, I think the guy is just plain dumb as mud.

Whether you vote democrat or republican this time around, just make sure you vote for someone with experience in undoing ****-storms, because that's all they'll be doing for their term in office.

Right now I'm not sure which party, or which candidate is the answer.

·
Registered
7,232 Posts
agreed with patrick. wont be sad to see him go.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
I believe the same could be said about the last few presidents we have had. In fact.... I am sure that "every" past president had his faults. I believe a lot of the so called "failed leadings" of Bush are half truths. Such as "weapons of mass destruction" .... they have been found. Just not in the quantities that the "entire world" (including Saddam his self) believed were there. Scooter Libby was convicted of perjury after the fact.... not of the crime it's self. The list goes on and on of these "half truths". I like him and believe he has done a good job as president given the circumstances of everything that has happened during his leadership. If Gore or Kerry were in office during these times... I believe we republicans would be pointing the same inconsistencies and "failed leadings" you Dem's are.

:cheers:

By the way... can anyone explain to me, where the hell the democrats are going to get the money for all these demarcate "freebie" give aways? If we are slipping into a recession (started by Clinton... bandaged and possibly made worse by Bush) how the hell are they going to pay for med insurance for every American out there. Add to that, the bringing home of 160,000 troops to no jobs.... destroying the American Auto industry with the new cafe laws putting another 3 to 400,000 Americans out of work. Lets not forget about the hundreds of thousands of people employed by the insurance companies that are going to be looking for new jobs !!! All while promising tax cuts to the middle class.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
DC Crew
5,554 Posts
Everything that has happened bad to our economy is DIRECTLy related to George Bush, not our Democratic house... oh no not that! :rolleyes:

·
Banned
3,732 Posts
He led us into that war trying to convince us that A. There were weaponds of mass destruction (nukes was the implication) ... Both of these issues have been proved wrong and evidence points to a plan put out by the Bush administration to use these points to go to war even knowing that these were false points.
No, not quite. In fact, you're 100% wrong. :laughing:

·
Banned
3,732 Posts
By the way... can anyone explain to me, where the hell the democrats are going to get the money for all these demarcate "freebie" give aways? If we are slipping into a recession (started by Clinton... bandaged and possibly made worse by Bush) how the hell are they going to pay for med insurance for every American out there. Add to that, the bringing home of 160,000 troops to no jobs.... destroying the American Auto industry with the new cafe laws putting another 3 to 400,000 Americans out of work. Lets not forget about the hundreds of thousands of people employed by the insurance companies that are going to be looking for new jobs !!! All while promising tax cuts to the middle class.
It's all just posturing. :huh:

·
Banned
3,027 Posts
I used to be a republican, now I'm independent. After the current group gets trashed in November, I hope the republicans regroup with a more libertarian slant .

The Bush(es) and Clinton(s) era needs to stop.

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
So what do you all think, will George W Bush go down in history as the worst president of all time or just the worst of modern times.
Before deciding (or being the decider of) this question, think about this. Bush lead us into a 2 front war when the original war (Afganastan) was far from won. He led us into that war trying to convince us that A. There were weaponds of mass destruction (nukes was the implication) and B. Al Qieda was involved in Iraq before we invaded Iraq. Both of these issues have been proved wrong and evidence points to a plan put out by the Bush administration to use these points to go to war even knowing that these were false points. Bush then went on to claim victory in Iraq more than 3 years ago( the war still goes on and our people continue to suffer and die).
To defend its lies, the Bush administration, in an effort to punish a detractor of the Bush policy, exposed an active CIA opperative. This is an act of treason. George Bush promised that if anybody in his administration had acted improperly he would have them prosecuted. Instead when Scooter libby was convicted by a jury of his peers, Bush comuted his sentence.
Up until recently it seemed that the only thing that Bush could point to as a success, was a strong economy. Now economists say that the policies that George Bush put in place could cause a longer and deeper recesion than we have seen in a long time. That recesion seems to be starting now.
Some of Bush's other high points...his actions durring Katrina...Questionable elections...huge increase in spending...much larger government...demanded Osama Bin Laden captured dead or alive, then let him go in torra borra...etc. etc. etc.
We all need to think about this so that we don't make the same mistake. Maybe the guy that we would like to have a beer with isn't the best way to judge the guy who is gonna be our face to the world and make decisions that affect our future. Maybe we want a smart articulate president, not a stumbling fool that prides himself on his abbility to shred the english language. Left or right, liberal or conservative, I hope that we can as a people choose someone that we can for once be proud of and that can put this country back on a footing that befits the greatest country in the world and of all time. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
That was stated very eloquently.......:rolleyes:

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
I don't think much of Bush2 here either, but when looking at any one of the other choices this time round, I"d rather he continue in office....serious....

Reagan was a welcom releif in a long parade of failed administrations.....the leading one of which was none other thannnn......

Jimmah Carter.....heads and shoulders the worst ever....bar NONE....

20% home interest rates, inflation through the roof, MOST botched up foreign policy EVER,

we STILL living with his ****ups....

and I am more scared of a carter2 than anything Bush2 has done....by FAR....

so where do we GO???

NONE of those dumb bastards have the brains to come in outta the rain....

Damn Lawyers all of them.....trained by the finest colleges to obfuscate the obvious to the obliviious.....

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
By the way... can anyone explain to me, where the hell the democrats are going to get the money for all these demarcate "freebie" give aways? .
From us working stiffs. Lord knows, we seem to be an endless source of money...:thud: Welcome to third world comunism..

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
I think he is the absolute worst President in my lifetime, certainly.

As a leader, he's lead us right into and endless array of **** storms, decision after decision, day after day.

On an intellectual note, I think the guy is just plain dumb as mud.

Whether you vote democrat or republican this time around, just make sure you vote for someone with experience in undoing ****-storms, because that's all they'll be doing for their term in office.

Right now I'm not sure which party, or which candidate is the answer.

Agreed,.........times infinity

1 - 20 of 161 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.