Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
George Soros Tells Progressive Donors Obama Might Not Be The Best Investment

At a private meeting on Tuesday afternoon, George Soros, a longtime supporter of progressive causes, voiced blunt criticism of the Obama administration, going so far as to suggest that Democratic donors direct their support somewhere other than the president.

The Hungarian-American financier was speaking to a small side gathering of donors who had convened in Washington D.C. for the annual gathering of the Democracy Alliance -- a formal community of well-funded, progressive-minded individuals and activists.

According to multiple sources with knowledge of his remarks, Soros told those in attendance that he is "used to fighting losing battles but doesn't like to lose without fighting."

"We have just lost this election, we need to draw a line," he said, according to several Democratic sources. "And if this president can't do what we need, it is time to start looking somewhere else."

Michael Vachon, an adviser to Soros, did not dispute the comment, though he stressed that there was no transcript of a private gathering to check. Vachon also clarified that the longtime progressive giver was not referring to a primary challenge to the president.

"Mr. Soros fully supports the president as the leader of the Democratic Party," said Vachon. "He was not suggesting that we seek another candidate for 2012. His comments were made in a private, informal conversation that was about the need for progressives to be more forceful in promoting their agenda. He was stressing the importance of being heard by elected officials."

Dissatisfaction with the Obama administration was not limited to Soros's private gathering with donors. On Wednesday morning, Deputy Chief of Staff Jim Messina received several tough questions during his address to the Democracy Alliance. According to a source in the room, he was pressed multiple times as to why the administration has declined to be more combative with Republicans, both in communication and legislative strategy. Another source in the room said the exchange was not entirely contentious as people were simply expressing frustration about the fact that "we just came out of an election where the right wing and the Republicans distorted what was going on."

If it wasn't clear who the Puppet Master was, it's now very clear, and it's also clear as to whose strings are getting manipulated.

George Soros Tells Progressive Donors That Obama May Not Be The Best Investment

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
In the next few weeks, he will also passingly mention he has "lost faith" in the US dollar.. should be fun to see what happens. :lookinup:

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
In the next few weeks, he will also passingly mention he has "lost faith" in the US dollar.. should be fun to see what happens. :lookinup:
From what I have read, Soros has made many fortunes from betting against the strength of various currencies, then doing everything he could to weaken them. He's probably just going to get richer as the dollar falls.

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From what I have read, Soros has made many fortunes from betting against the strength of various currencies, then doing everything he could to weaken them. He's probably just going to get richer as the dollar falls.
The tip of the iceberg.
From buying influence through the Obama administration's Czars to funding every meaningful progressive 501-3(c), all the progressive media outlets (NPR, Huffington Post, etc.) he views the collapse of the US economy as a 'game' as well as a source of enormous power and financial gain if he can pull it off. He's been largely successful up to now, only viewing the recent shift in power as a small setback.

Did you know he's made 4 visit's to the White House since Obama took office? Who wrote the stimulus bill? The Tides Foundation...who is funded by OSI, who is owned by Soros...

He's NOT going away...

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
The tip of the iceberg.
From buying influence through the Obama administration's Czars to funding every meaningful progressive 501-3(c), all the progressive media outlets (NPR, Huffington Post, etc.) he views the collapse of the US economy as a 'game' as well as a source of enormous power and financial gain if he can pull it off. He's been largely successful up to now, only viewing the recent shift in power as a small setback.

Did you know he's made 4 visit's to the White House since Obama took office? Who wrote the stimulus bill? The Tides Foundation...who is funded by OSI, who is owned by Soros...

He's NOT going away...
Easy, your tinfoil hat is showing.. :lookinup:

:laughing:

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Simple pragmatism.

Obama cannot defeat the racist onslaught of his country, nor any blame placed upon him for not rebuilding Rome in one day.

Remember,

Galileo was imprisoned for announcing the earth was not the center of the universe.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Obama cannot defeat the racist onslaught of his country

True. We just don't agree on what country that actually is.

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Simple pragmatism.
Hardly simple if you do an honest evaluation of Soros and what his intentions are.

Obama cannot defeat the racist onslaught of his country, nor any blame placed upon him for not rebuilding Rome in one day.
That's not what the sheeple masses believed in when they voted for him. Also, please explain why more than half of the people that voted for him were white middle class Americans...

Remember,

Galileo was imprisoned for announcing the earth was not the center of the universe.
Obama is hardly Galileo...Galileo was correct.

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Easy, your tinfoil hat is showing.. :lookinup:

:laughing:
:laughing: Hell, I'm sporting a steel helmet lined with chicken wire. :crazy:

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I could have told this brain surgeon that two years ago.
I wish you would have, but I doubt he would have listened. Just have to keep exposing this cockroach for what he is.

He's a real-life Goldfinger.

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
:laughing: Hell, I'm sporting a steel helmet lined with chicken wire. :crazy:
Will you please go outside and check on the Thunderstorm ??:laughing:

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Will you please go outside and check on the Thunderstorm ??:laughing:
How do you feel about the Mortgage Interest Deduction proposal and how it will affect your business if passed?

Just another part of the Soros plan.

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
How do you feel about the Mortgage Interest Deduction proposal and how it will affect your business if passed?

Just another part of the Soros plan.
I don't believe it will happen.

It has been kicked around for years..

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't believe it will happen.

It has been kicked around for years..
:agree:
I think it's just Obama's commision pounding thier chests and blowing smoke.

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts