Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been making parts for about two yrs now. I went thru ever box today and found parts I had forgot about but will need. This is where it all starts....very first peice of the puzzle:crazy:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Very cool.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Eww... :down:

:rolling: I want one... :D

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
One? One? I want two, one to use and the other to hang in the garage just like that to show everyone else what's under my car.:laughing:
HAHAHA True that!

Andy.... Done yet?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Never seen before coilover mouted on batwing :surprised,looking at this sut up it seams coilovers compressing under car weight go flat,bareley parallel with floor...is this a usefull set up?More than cool...Copo your Vette will be perfect state of the art...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Done what?

Maybe I just need to put it on ebay an let yall go at it.:laughing:
Okay!? :WTF

:thud:

Do it! I dare ya'! :rolling:

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Never seen before coilover mouted on batwing :surprised,looking at this sut up it seams coilovers compressing under car weight go flat,bareley parallel with floor...is this a usefull set up?More than cool...Copo your Vette will be perfect state of the art...:thumbsup:

Don't understand what you mean by is this a useful setup. Your English is good but I just want to understand what you are asking before I give a answer.

I can tell you I know it works but has never been installed on a c4. The main reason for doing this is to give the c4 the respect it deserves. I hope to have a car that everyone thinks is just badass and one that no one else has. The stance is what gives the first impression. Low with a fat tire should do it for now.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Don't understand what you mean by is this a useful setup. Your English is good but I just want to understand what you are asking before I give a answer.

I can tell you I know it works but has never been installed on a c4. The main reason for doing this is to give the c4 the respect it deserves. I hope to have a car that everyone thinks is just badass and one that no one else has. The stance is what gives the first impression. Low with a fat tire should do it for now.
Your car is going to be the lean mean speed bump eating machine! :D HAHAHA! :smack

·
Registered
267 Posts
Sorry Copo for my bad english i was trying to figure out how this set up works under car weight and load: so, i try a little 3d animation and you can tell me if i'm right ,or ,better, i need pics of side view to understand how coils over are linked from knukle to batwing...

click on pic for 3D walkaround...
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Holy Crap. I don't know anything about suspensions. But COPO's suspension and VeniceVette's animation both impressed the hell out of me. Great work, guys! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
515 Posts
Sorry Copo for my bad english i was trying to figure out how this set up works under car weight and load: so, i try a little 3d animation and you can tell me if i'm right ,or ,better, i need pics of side view to understand how coils over are linked from knukle to batwing...

click on pic for 3D walkaround...
[/URL][/IMG]
That is pretty cool! however the coils do not mount to the batwing. They are vertical, and attach to the frame above the knuckle. They should look straight up and down.

The idea of moving to coil overs is to get more adjust ability in the suspension. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Sorry Kubs, but do you see Copo's pics,look at the stand...it seams to me that coil over are linked to the batwings bushing with a braket...

i know usually rear coil over are in place of old shocks abosorber,but in this set up they work from knukle to batwings :surprised

1 - 20 of 165 Posts