Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little tribute to turbo cars. A blown Omni may not look as good as the 1980 Zora Arkus Duntov Corvette convertible, but it was more affordable, lol.:D

Turbo Chicken

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
There was a Dodge Omni sleeper that always ran at my drag strip a ways back now.

He was running 12.00's on street tires. Thing was a missile.:surprised

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There was a Dodge Omni sleeper that always ran at my drag strip a ways back now.

He was running 12.00's on street tires. Thing was a missile.
Yeah, even in stock form the Shelby edition was slightly faster than a Mustang 5.0, so for an I4 it had punch.:thumbsup:

The Vauxhall Lotus Carlton / Opel Lotus Omega. Using a 3.6 liter twin turbo version of the Opel "cam in head" straight 6, Lotus created a 176 mph version of the Opel sedan (later sold as the Catera). One of the fastest cars in the early 1990s, 0-60 5.2 seconds.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Not what I was wanting to see when I saw the title of the thread! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The 1975-79 TVR Taimar Turbo with turbo 3 litre Ford UK "Essex" V6, 0-60mph in under 6 seconds. This TVR was only available in North America with the carb Triumph 2.5 I6 from the TR5/6.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The early 60s Olds Jetfire 215 ci aluminum V8, a concept ahead of its time.:thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
4,944 Posts
The only turbo car I ever owned. It swam with the fishes in Katrina. :(

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
In 1989 ERA released a modified 1,275 cc turbocharged version of the Austin Rover Mini that could do 0-60 in 8 seconds with a top speed of 112 mph. The hood scoop was to let engine heat escape. ERA made the car more Maxi than Mini.:laughing:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts