Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What setup would you recommend?

Also It will be with stock stainless lined brakes and insulated pistons. I'm hoping to get a duct into the center of the rotor also. I have silicone fluid in there right now. :down: I want to put in some ATE Super Blue.

Also right now I have 660# fronts with an 1 1/4 sway bar and a 6 leaf rear and 9/16 sway bar. I'm pretty sure the sway bar needs to go. And also a new spring will be ordered. Most likely a 7 leaf.

Also as far as safety we installed kirkey road race seats and have 5 point harnesses. It has a 4 point cage also.

What are your opinions.

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
kirkey seats are you copying some stuff?? :D

Take a pic please, want to see how it's all looking.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kirkey Road race seats though :D

Only one is mounted at the moment. I'll get some pics when I go down today.

The cord that goes into my computer broke though. So it may be a few days. If we bring the car home I'll take many pictures :D

·
Banned
1,311 Posts
who are you running with. did you check their rulebook?

I guess it doesn't matter since you installed a roll bar, so they should let you run even with all your mods.

I'm excited for you to be able to start doing this at such a young age. Just take it easy your first time. I gurantee a lot of cars you don't think should be faster than you will definitely be. Don't let that get you out of your own groove.

Have someone take some picts. I've paid to have a professional photographer. Well worth it.

·
Registered
959 Posts
"Requirements for participation: All drivers must be current members of SAFE, age 21 or older, who have received training in high speed performance driving and have previous experience driving a car at high speed on a road course circuit with other car, or driver must be sponsored by a SAFE Motorsports member."

you might have a little trouble with this part......

·
Registered
966 Posts
"Requirements for participation: All drivers must be current members of SAFE, age 21 or older, who have received training in high speed performance driving and have previous experience driving a car at high speed on a road course circuit with other car, or driver must be sponsored by a SAFE Motorsports member."

you might have a little trouble with this part......
:thud:

Oh-well...there's always "next year" ;)

·
Registered
550 Posts
His dad told my dad. It may have been with the viper club though
Fake ID :WTF

Ya gotta stop and ask yourself how you or your family (as you are under age I suspect your dad would have to pay) how you would deal with the insurance (and potential law suits) if you were killed or worse yet you got someone else killed.

I can see your youth poking through... :crazy:

Get a cart or 4 cylinder modified and put your energy into learning to drive.

IMHO

BTW... IF you had a resume of sanctioned event history/experience in racing my guess is it would be no big deal to get waiver...

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Fake ID :WTF

Ya gotta stop and ask yourself how you or your family (as you are under age I suspect your dad would have to pay) how you would deal with the insurance (and potential law suits) if you were killed or worse yet you got someone else killed.

I can see your youth poking through... :crazy:

Get a cart or 4 cylinder modified and put your energy into learning to drive.

IMHO

BTW... IF you had a resume of sanctioned event history/experience in racing my guess is it would be no big deal to get waiver...
The fake ID thing was a joke ;)

Maybe I'll have to go with autocross

1 - 17 of 17 Posts