Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys from this picture I took the othere day do have any tips or suggestions and products you recommend to get swirls out the paint? My LMB looks great but the swirls drive me crazy, I think the previous took it to the car wash. I own and use the Adam's line, and also Rejex

thanks for the suggestions

·
Mo-Fo
7,509 Posts
Check out Adam's website. They have detailed instructions and videos on how to get those out. Their Swirl and Haze remover is fantastic. And they're a supporting vendor so there's a discount on their products. And if you need any type of referral concerning their stuff, type "Adam's" in the search box, but be prepared cause there's about 300 pages of good comments about the products. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I know about Adams stuff I use them regularly, this picture was actually taken after I applied the SMR, Revive polish and buttery wax. I must be doing something wrong becuase on the videos he makes it look so easy. Maybe its the color harder to get out the swirls than red??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I do have a Porter Cable, and watched the DVD that came wiith it, maybe there is something I'am doing wrong?

I have read multiple posts about applying it by hand, maybe I should I try that.

·
Supporting Vendor
243 Posts
Yes I do have a Porter Cable, and watched the DVD that came wiith it, maybe there is something I'am doing wrong?

I have read multiple posts about applying it by hand, maybe I should I try that.
Try and give this method a shot. The clear coats on corvettes especially new ones. are hard. So it takes a little more effort at removing them. The PC is definitely the way to go.

Find an area which the fine scratches are still predominate. Do half of it as a test.

1.Start with the green pad with straight swirl and haze. Go side to side, then up and down. Repeat
2.Do this two or three times. Don’t be afraid to give it some pressure.
Remove the SHR
3.Switch to orange pad. Combine Revive and Swirl and Haze 70/30. Go side to side, then up and down. Repeat.
4.Do this two or three times. Again, a little pressure.
5.Remove the polish
Switch to white pad. Use straight Revive Polish. Side to side. Then up and down. Don’t repeat.
6.Remove.
7.If it is good, apply a coat of buttery wax.

If still not satisfied let us know. We will be introducing a Fine Machine Polish very shortly. Which is very efficient at removing swirls.

Thanks for your business!!:thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts