Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All-

This being my first post, I figured I throw out a good question.......

After not having a vette for over 10 years, my wife is finally open to the idea of getting another one. The kids are growing up, and we have a large SUV to haul them around in. So, I've been doing some shopping and found some nice choices, but now I have to decide which would be the better fit.

Given the choice, would you buy an '02 Z06 with 38k miles ($29,998), or an '04 Conv. with 18k miles ($33,998)?

Now I'm on the fence, and am having a really tough time deciding. The factor that's making the decision tough is that my wife will be driving it to work 2-3 days a week. I'm not sure if she wants to (or can) wrestle with a 6-speed, 405hp beast, or if she wants the comfort of the top-down auto-trans.....

For me the decision is pretty easy (given my screen name :laughing: ), but like the saying goes.... "if momma ain't happy, nobody's happy!":spanked:

Thanks for the input!

brg,
Mark

Edit: updated the cars to the correct years & miles.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
I'd go with the 02:huh:
FYI....the 01 ZO6 is 385 hp not 405;)

·
Registered
648 Posts
Thats a no brainer. Z06 :partyon: But if your on the fence drive both cars and that will make the decision easy for you.

~Jim

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats a no brainer. Z06 :partyon: But if your on the fence drive both cars and that will make the decision easy for you.

~Jim
LOL! That's exactly what I did this past weekend. After getting into each car, and disabling the traction control, my thoughts as I was driving each of them were as follows:

Conv.- This is a really nice ride! Lots of power, top down, the wife & I would have a blast in this car, and some really nice weekend getaways....:thumbsup:

Z06- HOLY CRAP! This baby has ballz, and will get me into a lot of trouble! :devil: But will my wife like driving it? Can she handle this much power and the 6-speed?

Brg,
Mark

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Go with the Z... My wife drive or C6 Z06 with no problem.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
i would step up to around 38500 and pick up a 05 c6 auto coupe. removable top and 400 hp you wont be sorry!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Given the choice...

I chose open air motoring as opposed to extra power. For me, the stock coupes and verts have PLENTY of power. I don't care how hot it is; you can't beat the wind and sun on your face. My wife can drive a manual transmission. She could definitely get herself in trouble with the Z06 power. Just my personal opinion. Worth twice what you paid for it.

Jeff

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,676 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
I know your dilemma, I always wanted a ZO6 for the power but could not justify giving up a removable top for a fixed roof and more power. i was fortunate to find a ZO6 convertible and love it. However if i had to choose, I'd go with the convertible. Nothing beats the lines and the wind.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I know your dilemma, I always wanted a ZO6 for the power but could not justify giving up a removable top for a fixed roof and more power. i was fortunate to find a ZO6 convertible and love it. However if i had to choose, I'd go with the convertible. Nothing beats the lines and the wind.
i would like to see pics of a Z06 conv. never seen one. and i would need proof

·
Banned
622 Posts
If moma isn't happy, ain't know body happy!!!!!!!:laughing:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi Jeff, John Carfaro who was the chief engineer designer for the C5 and another engineer at GM did the conversion. Their company is called skunk werkes. Everything was done using GM parts. I believe I have some pictures posted of it.

·
Only green will do...
18,399 Posts
those are some good prices i would go for the convertible best of luck on your purchase make momma happy :thumbsup:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Very nice ride, handy. You have the best of both worlds!

Jeff

Hi Jeff, John Carfaro who was the chief engineer designer for the C5 and another engineer at GM did the conversion. Their company is called skunk werkes. Everything was done using GM parts. I believe I have some pictures posted of it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts