Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been following the threads concerning the 2008 C6 with some interest for quite a while. I was somewhat torn between buying an '07 and waiting for an '08, and finally decided that since a local dealer had exactly what I wanted ('07 Convertible, Monterey Red / Cashmere 3LT 6-speed manual) I would just pull the trigger and buy the car now. No regrets. While the upgrades to the '08 are all very nice (and certainly worth having), I don't feel that I have that much of a "lesser car", and I've already been enjoying it for a few weeks now. I look forward to replacing my '07 in 2010, and I'm willing to bet that car will really be worth waiting for. They just get better and better, and like so many things in life people have a tendency to wait, and wait, and wait - standing on the train station platform , wanting the best seat on the train. Meanwhile, the train keeps whizzing by. Get on the damned train.

Don't wait. You're wasting time you could be driving your Corvette.

·
DC Crew
9,475 Posts
Congrats on your new C6 purchase. I have room in my garage for your 72 LT1 if you don't have the room for 2 Vettes :laughing:. Enjoy your summer in your new ride.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Congrats on your new Vette, point is there will always be something "better", how long are you going to wait. Why wait your life away? :agree:

·
Registered
939 Posts
Bro, I am with you 100%; I considered waiting, but went ahead and got my '07 Z51. Its my dream car. Sure, the '08 has a bigger engine and a new exhaust, but like you said, its just another year of not having a Corvette.

If all we did was wait around for the next big thing to come around, we would never enjoy life. I like the new '08, but I love my '07!

·
Registered
192 Posts
It's killing me, wish I had waited. The 08 is awesome, especially the extra 36 horsepower. If I had just had a little patience.

·
Registered
939 Posts
No worries man... you still have a Corvette, right? Slap on an Intake, X-Pipe, and a Cat-Back and you've got that extra horsepower right back :thumbsup:

·
Registered
405 Posts
I have to agree with the above, I was debating last Fall if I wanted to get an '07 or wait for the '08. Of course, we didn't know what would change on the '08 so I bought fully loaded '07. I know I will be in the minority, but I think the interior of the newly announced '08 looks like crap, it looks like someone had some odd pieces of leather and they patched them into the dash and doors, to each his/her own, but it doesn't do it for me.

I remember when I bought my '05 C6 all the negative input about the new headlights, which I fell in love with the frst time I saw them. I always hated the pop-ups on my C4 when they were on.

So, it is just my opinion but I am glad I didn't wait as I have been enjoying my '07 for 5 months.

RD :cheers:

·
Registered
939 Posts
:agree: :agree: :agree:

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm glad you're happy with your 2007 Corvette. At this point, being "Corvette-less," I'm thinking that as much as I'd like a 2008 (or even a 2007, or any C6 for that matter), a C5 may be my starting point. And they're certainly nothing to sneeze at. They seem to hold their value pretty well, which is a bummer when you're like me and don't own one, but good when it comes time to trade up!

·
Registered
754 Posts
After buying my vette last year (2006 model) The 07 came out with the 100k warranty and the steering wheel mounted radio controls. Then this year there is an engine and HP upgrade, the dual mode exhaust, which is really cool, and the new interior. :thud: Next year it will be something else, and then of course the Z might get an HP bump for the 09 model year releases, then we have the SS coming mid summer 08 and in 2010 the C7 will arrive.

Bottom line is that technology is going to keep moving forward, and you have to just be happy with what you’ve got, and realize what you have is something special. Any vette is a great vehicle and one hell of bargain compared to other similar vehicles on the road. I wouldn’t be concerned about he HP bump in the 08, nothing an intake and exhaust won’t take care of on the LS2. If your anything like me you get excited about any nice looking well cared for vette, especially the classics and realize how special that vette is to the owner :thumbsup: …. Isn’t this why we wave :buhbye:

·
Registered
534 Posts
I have to agree with the above, I was debating last Fall if I wanted to get an '07 or wait for the '08. Of course, we didn't know what would change on the '08 so I bought fully loaded '07. I know I will be in the minority, but I think the interior of the newly announced '08 looks like crap, it looks like someone had some odd pieces of leather and they patched them into the dash and doors, to each his/her own, but it doesn't do it for me.

I remember when I bought my '05 C6 all the negative input about the new headlights, which I fell in love with the frst time I saw them. I always hated the pop-ups on my C4 when they were on.

So, it is just my opinion but I am glad I didn't wait as I have been enjoying my '07 for 5 months.

RD :cheers:
My exact thougt about the new interior , glad I did not wait .
07 Z owner , could not be happier .

·
Registered
192 Posts
No worries man... you still have a Corvette, right? Slap on an Intake, X-Pipe, and a Cat-Back and you've got that extra horsepower right back :thumbsup:
It's the extra cubic inches that concerns me. Yes, I can get that power back, I already have LG Long Tubes, X-pipe, and cold air inlet, but man, it's expensive to get the extra cubic inches!

·
Supporting Dealer
10,438 Posts
I've been following the threads concerning the 2008 C6 with some interest for quite a while. I was somewhat torn between buying an '07 and waiting for an '08, and finally decided that since a local dealer had exactly what I wanted ('07 Convertible, Monterey Red / Cashmere 3LT 6-speed manual) I would just pull the trigger and buy the car now. No regrets. While the upgrades to the '08 are all very nice (and certainly worth having), I don't feel that I have that much of a "lesser car", and I've already been enjoying it for a few weeks now. I look forward to replacing my '07 in 2010, and I'm willing to bet that car will really be worth waiting for. They just get better and better, and like so many things in life people have a tendency to wait, and wait, and wait - standing on the train station platform , wanting the best seat on the train. Meanwhile, the train keeps whizzing by. Get on the damned train.

Don't wait. You're wasting time you could be driving your Corvette.
:D :cheers: :D :cheers: :D :cheers: :D :cheers:
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Today was a beautiful day and I had the best time driving my Corvette. I couldn't imagine going Corvette-less and waiting for an extra 36 horsepower.

I do, however, hope that the A6 improvements will be something that I can take advantage of via reflash. I'd also like the 2.73 gear, but not enough to miss out on days like today.

It seems that a yellow Corvette makes almost everyone happy judging by the number of waves and thumbs-ups that I got today.

·
Banned
176 Posts
It's the extra cubic inches that concerns me. Yes, I can get that power back, I already have LG Long Tubes, X-pipe, and cold air inlet, but man, it's expensive to get the extra cubic inches!
What, like all 12 of them? :rolleyes:
My 5.7L z06 has enough displacement to make as much power as can honestly be managed with any type of power adder.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi!! im new to this fourm so first of all id like to say hi to everyone, been getting lads of information of you guys as im planning to get a vette sometime soon, but i was wondering though, would the 2008 be more expensive then the 2007 model year? sorry if this my come as a stupid question but im new to all this and trying to get a handle on things, thanks so much for your input. vettes ROCK!!! :partyon:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts